Menu

It's spring! How do you get anything done?

I'm very glad that in the fall we plugged away diligently at our work and got fairly far ahead in our books because lately we just aren't doing much at all!

Today homeschooling has consisted of math, a two hour bath and then several hours of playing outdoors. In a bit we're going to the nursery to get some broccoli transplants for our garden- that's a field trip and botany rolled into one, right? ;)

Now that nice weather is here I'm not sure that we'll get much done for the rest of the year. I'm tempted to take a blanket and our books outside, but I suspect that we'd all be too distracted to really focus on anything other than the sunshine!

It's Oregon!

That means no spring weather here. Raining hard today, highs in 40s, lows in 30s. Snow yesterday morning. We've had very cold, wet springs the last couple of years. It's becoming my least favorite season--I can handle rain and cold November-February, but I don't think I should have to put up with it anymore! But just in case we do get nice weather, we started early enough in August to be finishing up some subjects in the next few weeks and everything by the end of May. And if the sun comes out, we can take the time to go out and enjoy it. If.

We took this week as our spring break. It's absolutely beautiful outside. I'm loving this weather. I've planted flowers and been cleaning up the yard. We just moved into this house in December and the last people thought the yard was to big and did very little. I'm having fun making it beautiful. :D I've also been spring cleaning the inside....I love the warm sunshine and everything being nice and clean. :)

I'm tempted to take a blanket and our books outside, but I suspect that we'd all be too distracted to really focus on anything other than the sunshine!

We've done that the past two days. Seat work first inside and then head outside to finish up with our reading. It's working fairly well. :lol: