Menu

Weird dream... What do you think it means?

In my dream, a woman I know but am not close with was talking to me. She told me that I was heading to the dark side (Star Wars, anyone? :lol:). There was more, but I don't remember the specific words. I do believe she said the name Jesus.

Now, I've been looking at where I am spiritually and can say that I haven't yet figured it out. But I sure hope I'm not headed to the dark side. :confused:

What do you think this means?

I heard they have cookies. :tongue_smilie:

Hm, what do I think it means? It means you are on a spiritual journey, questioning the "sides", and where your beliefs fall in all of this. The fact someone you don't know well is giving your advice? Well you're either listening to people you shouldn't be about your journey, or you're supposed to open up and seek counsel, advice, wisdom from sources that are familiar but not well known. It could also mean that you will have an opportunity to discuss this with someone new, not necessarily this woman.

I heard they have cookies. :tongue_smilie:

Hm, what do I think it means? It means you are on a spiritual journey, questioning the "sides", and where your beliefs fall in all of this. The fact someone you don't know well is giving your advice? Well you're either listening to people you shouldn't be about your journey, or you're supposed to open up and seek counsel, advice, wisdom from sources that are familiar but not well known. It could also mean that you will have an opportunity to discuss this with someone new, not necessarily this woman.

This is good.

I haven't talked to anyone IRL about where I am at. So it maybe it means that maybe I should? I've been thinking and done some reading. That's all time allowed me to do at the moment (see my dc' ages). I do want to start journaling to get some clarity.

ETA: Anyone else have an interpretation? :)

I don't think it means anything, but that's how I feel about dreams in general. :D

I usually don't remember my dreams, so I thought this one is worth a thought. :tongue_smilie:

IMHO, you've probably been watching Clone Wars or listening to your kids play jedi and that got mixed in with someone that was brought to mind lately. I wouldn't stress out about it, although if it gets you motivated to start journaling, that's a good idea.

:lol: I was motivated to journal for a while. :)

In my dream, a woman I know but am not close with was talking to me. She told me that I was heading to the dark side (Star Wars, anyone? :lol:). There was more, but I don't remember the specific words. I do believe she said the name Jesus.

Now, I've been looking at where I am spiritually and can say that I haven't yet figured it out. But I sure hope I'm not headed to the dark side. :confused:

What do you think this means?

Ok (cracks knuckles). Here goes my two-bit attempt at dream interpretation. ;)

The woman represents your own subconscious and your intuition--those aspects of yourself that are hidden from you, are not well-understood, and yet are still familiar. This "person" recognizes on an elemental level that there is inherent risk to exploring your faith. Such investigation can potentially have a big impact on your beliefs, and how you perceive yourself and the world. This is not necessarily a bad thing, it is growth. However, just as in the physical world, growth does not come without pain, so your subconscious recognizes that this journey will likely come at some personal cost.

So it is a prompt: Are you prepared for what you may find? What is the potential effect of new information on heretofore essential beliefs? How far are you willing to pursue some questions? This far? Maybe a bit further down the path? Indefinitely?

The struggle invoked by these and more questions represents the "dark side," a season of change that may prove tumultuous, and painful. St. John of the cross coined the phrase, "dark night of the soul," to describe the purification that happens along the journey to union with God.

"Jesus," of course, would represent the Divinity here, that which your intuition, your inner self, yearns for, yet fears at the same time.

Or, of course, it could all just be the tripped-out side effects of a midnight dish of Nyquil and a pint of pistachio ice cream. :lol:

When I have dreams that reflect RL, usually, not always, but usually it's just a sign that on some level, deep down, I'm anxious about it. I'd say this means that, while on this spiritual journey, your feeling unsettled and some part of you is worried that you won't make the right choice.

Now, I do believe God sometimes gives us dreams. So, I suppose if Jesus himself is tellingyou you're going to the dark side in your dreams tonight, you should take notice. :D but I've only ever had one dream i'd say was from god. Most are just our subconscious's way of working out things or mixing up the events of the day.

Edited by Scuff

I usually don't remember my dreams, so I thought this one is worth a thought. :tongue_smilie:

I rarely remember dreams either. On those rare occasions they are usually so offbeat that I generally ignore them.

But then again, it's hard to ponder the deeper meanings of why I was roller skating to Milwaukee on the Interstate.

Ok (cracks knuckles). Here goes my two-bit attempt at dream interpretation. ;)

The woman represents your own subconscious and your intuition--those aspects of yourself that are hidden from you, are not well-understood, and yet are still familiar. This "person" recognizes on an elemental level that there is inherent risk to exploring your faith. Such investigation can potentially have a big impact on your beliefs, and how you perceive yourself and the world. This is not necessarily a bad thing, it is growth. However, just as in the physical world, growth does not come without pain, so your subconscious recognizes that this journey will likely come at some personal cost.

So it is a prompt: Are you prepared for what you may find? What is the potential effect of new information on heretofore essential beliefs? How far are you willing to pursue some questions? This far? Maybe a bit further down the path? Indefinitely?

The struggle invoked by these and more questions represents the "dark side," a season of change that may prove tumultuous, and painful. St. John of the cross coined the phrase, "dark night of the soul," to describe the purification that happens along the journey to union with God.

"Jesus," of course, would represent the Divinity here, that which your intuition, your inner self, yearns for, yet fears at the same time.

Or, of course, it could all just be the tripped-out side effects of a midnight dish of Nyquil and a pint of pistachio ice cream. :lol:

I like your interpretation. :)

When I have dreams that reflect RL, usually, not always, but usually it's just a sign that on some level, deep down, I'm anxious about it. I'd say this means that, while on this spiritual journey, your feeling unsettled and some part of you is worried that you won't make the right choice.

Now, I do believe God sometimes gives us dreams. So, I suppose if Jesus himself is tellingyou you're going to the dark side in your dreams tonight, you should take notice. :D but I've only ever had one dream i'd say was from god. Most are just our subconscious's way of working out things or mixing up the events of the day.

Thanks! :)

I rarely remember dreams either. On those rare occasions they are usually so offbeat that I generally ignore them.

But then again, it's hard to ponder the deeper meanings of why I was roller skating to Milwaukee on the Interstate.

:lol:Maybe it means you want more adventure in your life.

In my dream, a woman I know but am not close with was talking to me. She told me that I was heading to the dark side (Star Wars, anyone? :lol:)

Darth Vader

Darth Maul

Darth Sidious

and now, ...

Darth RainbowSprinkles

I can't really see that name inspiring fear into anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8iD93YhrT4&feature=related

Okay, this woman is alive - so it's not like the paranoid side of you could reasonably argue "she came to you in a dream".

I don't think it means anything other than you are perhaps feeling overwhelmed at the time - and what mom doesn't feel overwhelmed?