Menu

Any of you PA homeschoolers...

going to the Greek Games 2012 Crazy Olympics Field Day?

http://www.trussell.info/tlc_004.htm

It looks really cool. It's in Carlisle.

And what about any of the homeschool days at Hershey Park during the month of May, which is their homeschool month? Ticket prices are greatly reduced that month! Instead of $56.95, adult admission is only $29.50! (We're probably going on "science day").

http://www.hersheypark.com/groups/schools.php

Just wondering if anyone else from here is planning on attending any of those events. :)

Edited by NanceXToo

The park sounds doable for us. I know Doodle would love it.

It's $26.50 for age 3-8, $29.50 for 9 and up. You should check out their website, I plan to go on science day, but they also have math day, physics day, entertainment day, ed-zoo-cation day, marketing day.... let me know if you end up going on science day. :)

I actually thought entertainment day sounded really neat, too, and would have strongly considered that, but I had field trips the day before and after that date (there's Hand On History Day at the Daniel Boone Homestead, and an Alpaca Farm tour with my homeschool group) and it just would have been way too much even for me to do three kind of long/far field trips three days in a row like that. lol.

ETA: I edited my original post to include the website with the different descriptions.

Edited by NanceXToo

grr i wish it was closer to our side of pa!! lol! have fun guys! :D

Aw, sorry. PA's pretty big! I got one of those "Kids Love PA" books and there are so many cool things in it but a lot of the ones I mapquest thinking, "That sounds great!," I'm like oh man that's 2, 3 hours away.

I might be doing Hershey Park. I would love to do the greek olympics but the volunteering requirement lets us out. It would take about 3 hours to get to Carlisle.

I just signed up to "help clean up after" as it seemed the easiest thing to volunteer for! Carlisle is a hike for you though! It's about an hour and a half drive for me!

We're looking at taking a mini vacation sometime in April or May. Maybe I'll talk to dh about Hershey.

Have you ever been? It's fairly close to Lancaster too, there would be plenty for you guys to do, especially if you've never been to that area! :)

We actually already have plans for both of the dates for the field day, so we can't make it, but if you're heading down this way for the field day, be sure to check out the Greek Festival in Camp Hill, which is very close to Carlisle -- pagreekfest.org. Admission is free, and food has always been reasonable.

We actually already have plans for both of the dates for the field day, so we can't make it, but if you're heading down this way for the field day, be sure to check out the Greek Festival in Camp Hill, which is very close to Carlisle -- pagreekfest.org. Admission is free, and food has always been reasonable.

I think (no, I know) I will be too exhausted lol. The day before is when I plan on going to Hershey Park for the day.

The day of, I am probably leaving my house at 6:30 in the morning to get to field day by around 8 (registration starts at 8, pics at 8:45, games at 9, and even though I can prob get there a bit after 8, I want to leave a little extra time for getting lost, traffic, parking, etc). Field day goes until 3 PM, I volunteered to stay and help clean up afterward, we'll have an hour and a half drive to look forward to on the way home...

And the following morning is my homeschool group's annual picnic and presentation day and I have to put stuff together for that lol.

It's going to be a crazy few days!

We are too far for the fun outings there but enjoy!

Aw, I was hoping to meet up with a few of you guys. It would have been cool! :)

• 2 weeks later...