Menu

Long shot...but does anyone have a camel they would part with?

Seriously. Only I mean a little tiny toy camel. My dd has this Egyptian set (I posted about it last week on the Curriculum board). She adores this set and plays with it for hours. The only thing she said it is missing is a camel. You can see from the picture, that it would have to be fairly small. I have searched and searched and all I can come up with is getting this set. But....I hate to pay that much for a camel (although, I realize we'd get 11 bonus animals too). But, I probably will if this request doesn't pan out.

Edited by ~AprilMay~

Do you have a Michael's? They have lots of those little plastic critters for sale individually. I've never looked for a camel, specifically, but I would be surprised if they don't have one. I've used them for various school projects, and they've had weird ones--jelly fish, for instance.

Terri

Do you have a Michael's? They have lots of those little plastic critters for sale individually. I've never looked for a camel, specifically, but I would be surprised if they don't have one. I've used them for various school projects, and they've had weird ones--jelly fish, for instance.

Terri

what about those figurines they sell at Michael's? They have tons of different animals. Surely if not there then the maker online would have a camel?

We live far from mostly everything (which totally stinks!). I went to the Michael's website and typed in Camel. I bet you can guess what came up. Camel hair paint brushes. I used the store locator and the closest one to me in in MN about 1.5 hours away.....near the twin cities. Yeah...that's not gonna fly with dh.

I saw the playmobile ones on eBay. But, I couldn't judge their size very well. I think they might be too tall.

Keep the ideas coming. I'm :bigear: .

You can also search for Schleich animals. Here is a baby camel that they make. They are usually between $2 and $5.00 in the stores and you might be able to search. We have a huge IKEA bin filled with these and I can ask the girls if we have the camel.

http://www.schleich-s.com/toys/wild_life/camel_foal/

Here's another one

http://www.schleich-s.com/toys/wild_life_two-humped_camel/

Edited by fourcatmom