Menu

What does everyone think of the new iPad?

I've been wanting to get an iPad, so I waited around for today's announcement to help me decide what to buy. I want a 64 gb wifi only. Do you all think the new iPad is worth the extra $100?

We're PC and Android people, so my DH is no help...he just mocks me for drinking the Apple flavored Kool-Aid. :D

Edited by Oak Knoll Mom

Being that I am pretty cheap by nature I don't know that I would spring for the new version unless you really want a better screen and camera. My ipad2 display looks fine to me and I always tell myself when I'm using it the newer one isn't sitting right there making mine look bad like it is in the store.

What I would do if I didn't already have an iPad is buy the refurbished ipad2 from the apple store online. They come with the same warranty as new. I think you can get it for $499 now because of the price drop.

Honestly I don't think the iPad2 screen is all that different. Sure I haven't seen the new one, but as long as it's not all grainy I'm fine with it. I'm not using it to view lots of movies though. My kids have a first generation one and have never complained about the screen on that and they do watch a lot of videos on it.

I'm been thinking of getting another one as a gift for DH, he was unfortunately sucked into the HP touchpad right before the put the kabosh on the whole thing. If I do I'll definitely go for the refurbished one through apple. That's what the 1st generation one is and unless I tell people they'd never guess it was a refurbished model.

I was looking tonight and I think a refurbished iPad2 with 64GB and wifi only was $549.

I've been wanting to get an iPad, so I waited around for today's announcement to help me decide what to buy. I want a 64 gb wifi only. Do you all think the new iPad is worth the extra $100?

We're PC and Android people, so my DH is no help...he just mocks me for drinking the Apple flavored Kool-Aid. :D

I have no advice because I don't know which IPad I want yet, either. However, I just had to say "But the Apple Kool-Aid is soooo gooooooood." :lol:

Seriously though, after having my Macbook Pro, I would NEVER go back to a PC and every time my less-than-computer-savvy family calls me to help them with their computer I tell them to go buy a Mac. :D

I love the new ipad!! I'm thrilled to the moon. I just pre-ordered one for myself and one for my dh. I'm so excited to get mine next Friday!!

I loved that they dropped the price of the ipad2's by $100 since the launch of the new ipad. This makes it a bit more affordable for families that can't spring the cost of the new ipad prices. I think we will eventually save over the next few months to get a refurbished ipad2 for the kids. Slowly having 3 ipad2's so each of the kids can have their own. We currently own 2 laptops and I'm ready to be DONE using my laptop and use my new ipad! :)

I would give one reason for going for the 3: The faster processor is going to support more updates of iOS before being phased out, and so it is going to last longer before forcing you to upgrade. If you're going to update every year, this isn't a big deal, but if the price of an iPad is something you're stretching for and won't be able to upgrade, going with a 3 is a no brainer.

I'm on the definitely will upgrade list (after I buy my oldest daughter a Mac Mini to replace her dying laptop). The screen on my iPhone is so very noticeably different and easier on my eyes. I have poor vision and focusing issues, and the iPhone retina display allows my eyes to relax more. I have the original.

I'm happy with my iPad 2. The only time I've felt it looked grainy or pixelated is when I'm running iPod apps enlarged to the big screen because I'm too cheap to pay for the same app twice. Since my iTouch is 3 years and several generations removed from current now, and is still doing what I (and DD) ask it to do, I'm not concerned about the iPad going obsolete for what I use it for anytime soon. Of course, the fact that I'm typing this on a 10 yr old PC that's had only minimal upgrades (more ram and a bigger hard drive) might have something to do with that :).

I have no advice because I don't know which IPad I want yet, either. However, I just had to say "But the Apple Kool-Aid is soooo gooooooood." :lol:

Seriously though, after having my Macbook Pro, I would NEVER go back to a PC and every time my less-than-computer-savvy family calls me to help them with their computer I tell them to go buy a Mac. :D

Yep! What she said LOL

Sounds good to me. My dh insists I don't need another gadget, but I would love to have an iPad to use on trips or when waiting for ds at appointments, etc. I have a MacBook Pro and an iPhone.

I've been thinking about saving up for an iPad2 now that the new one is out. Camera quality isn't important to me; I take pictures with my iPhone. But having the retina display might be nice, and as someone else pointed out, the faster processor means it will handle more iOS upgrades. We always hold onto our electronics for years. Dh is using my second-generation iPod Nano, and I bought a used MacBook Pro that I plan to use for 5+ years.

Either way, since dh doesn't think I need it, I'll have to squirrel money away from my own spending money, and that will take awhile, since I spend it pretty fast! :D

Although we generally hang onto things for awhile, I'll probably buy the next iPhone when it comes out; I can sell my current one to get the cash for the upgrade.

Wendi