Menu

DD12 Needs Positive Thoughts Today, Please.....................

she is competing against 4 other students in her Classical Conversations Challenge B class for 4 attorney slots in Mock Trial.

If you could send positive vibes her way, prayers, cheers, anything you are inclined to do -- I would be so grateful.

We are leaving the house at 8:30am and won't be back till after 4pm so if someone can keep this on the radar, I would be most appreciative.

Background Info Below: Optional, but explains the angst with this whole thing.

Her group's Mock Trial experience has been mishandled from the start. :(

She has worked for hours every week on this and she has done quality work (I would know -- I have looked at what she has produced). The others in the class have produced little or no work at all (there has been an issue with the others in this group blowing off every single assignment)

Now, in yet another 'wow, could this be handled more poorly?' last week it was announced that the 4 roles for attorneys would be 'up for competition' as opposed to the 'guidelines' which state that all roles are assigned by the tutor.

And, of course, it will probably turn into a popularity contest and treated as a big joke as opposed to all of it being taken seriously.

I'm sure I sound b*tchy, but I have tried to respectfully address 'procedural' issues regarding this, and it has been an exercise in frustration.

So, good 'mock trial attorney' thoughts please! THANKS!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8sA-f2_khMB55TtIucAyC4KiqEfL9BM5IxMPWv5vd_UU4nTbK4g

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
Thank you!

This kind of thing makes me crazy. Mock Trial has so much potential but the kids, especially the attorneys, have to be willing to put in a lot of work. Praying it goes well for her today. :grouphug:

Yes, it is such a fantastic learning opportunity, dd is loving it BUT the collateral issues of mis-management and mis-handling are overshadowing everything......:iagree: THIS is the kind of stuff that makes one crazy.

DH and I continue to emphasize to her that 'this' is life -- it may be 'mock' trial, but this is 'real' life. So difficult to teach these lessons.

I hope it goes well for her. That is frustrating!

We are doing mock trial too. In our case, they are all being chosen based on their work - how well they do. If they don't do the work, they don't get what they want. My dd is working hard to get the role with the least speaking. LOL! She is very shy and quiet. But she is working hard to make sure she doesn't have to be an attorney. :lol:

Praying for dd gets to be what she wants and that her work shows!!

Boy, you sure have had some crappy coop experiences, haven't you? :grouphug:

Will be in prayer today for your sweet dd. Come back and let us know how it goes.

Yup -- :iagree: -- I am probably going to known as the crappy experience coop cween!:lol:

I hope it goes well for her. That is frustrating!

We are doing mock trial too. In our case, they are all being chosen based on their work - how well they do. If they don't do the work, they don't get what they want. My dd is working hard to get the role with the least speaking. LOL! She is very shy and quiet. But she is working hard to make sure she doesn't have to be an attorney. :lol:

Praying for dd gets to be what she wants and that her work shows!!

Best wishes to your dd! Today, there seemed to be a change of attitude with their tutor that the kids who are working will be the kids in the key roles. :grouphug: