Menu

Just FYI.. about Rainbow Resource

Hedgehog

I cannot recommend Rainbow highly enough! They have been my favorite supplier for homeschool materials (and more) for about 4 years now and they get the bulk of our orders every year. Their customers' service is the best I have had so far when it comes to our homeschool supplies! Their shipping costs have always worked great for me too since I have ordered from overseas in the past and now from Canada. Glad you took the time to post about Rainbow :)!

Edited by Guest

I got an order from them a few weeks ago, and something was broken. (It was clearly sent to me broken, not the P.O.) I called them up, and they sent out a new one. They just assumed I was telling the truth, and didn't make me send it back or anything. I was very pleased.

I understand that mistakes get made, but when a company corrects it that quickly and painlessly, it's always impressive!

I got an order from them a few weeks ago, and something was broken. (It was clearly sent to me broken, not the P.O.) I called them up, and they sent out a new one. They just assumed I was telling the truth, and didn't make me send it back or anything. I was very pleased.

I understand that mistakes get made, but when a company corrects it that quickly and painlessly, it's always impressive!

:iagree: I've had two broken items (one was a reading lamp that worked for 2 days, then stopped working, the other was a folding meter stick I'd gotten to replace the one the kids broke :glare:, and it wouldn't unfold all the way because of some defect in the plastic). I e-mailed them, and they sent me a new one right away, no questions asked, no returning of the old item. These were both cheap items, of course. I imagine if you had a $50 item, they might want it back. I don't know.

Of course, the kids broke my folding meter stick AGAIN. I give up. They'll just have to go measureless. :glare:

Yeah, I love RR. I always look forward to getting their boxes. They always put a little, cute sticker of a flower or butterfly on it as well. I know it's silly, but when I see it, it brightens my day.

I know. Simple pleasures-simple mind. :D maybe so.

Actually, I really like that also! So that makes two of us :)!

I got AAS1 and the interactive kit from them last year right as they were changing the kit. I got an old kit that didn't have the dividers because back then they were in the Level 1 pack, but I got a new Level 1 pack, so no dividers. I called to ask them about it and they sent me a pack of new dividers for free, no questions asked. This year I had a question about what edition of a book they had and the CSR had them look it up in the warehouse for me, AND I wanted to know if the bargain version they had was the new or old edition and they found that for me too. I've always been very happy with them.

Here's my RR story (I just recently posted about this....but can't find it otherwise I'd just copy and paste):

Around November early December I placed an order that came to just enough to get free shipping. When I received it I realized that I should have ordered a lower level spelling book. I e-mailed RR asking if they were going to be having free shipping on any size order for the holidays (I thought they've done that before). I explained about my order and how I needed a lower level spelling book (I'd keep the one I received because we would be using it in the near future). I said I didn't really want to spend $8.00 on one workbook and have to pay $4.50 on shipping. I told her I actually thought of a few other items I wouldn't mind adding to the order also (so it was like 6 things, :001_smile: ). She said they weren't going to be having any specials on shipping, but because I've been such a good customer for the past 15 years that she would fill the order and ship everything for free. I was surprised! So, two thumbs up for RR. :thumbup: They are my favorite place to homeschool shop (I just don't use their wish list online anymore).

Three! (I forgot to quote when I made my last post!)

Ooops... sorry! I missed your post on the second page! So mine makes three of us then ;)!

Here's my RR story (I just recently posted about this....but can't find it otherwise I'd just copy and paste):

Around November early December I placed an order that came to just enough to get free shipping. When I received it I realized that I should have ordered a lower level spelling book. I e-mailed RR asking if they were going to be having free shipping on any size order for the holidays (I thought they've done that before). I explained about my order and how I needed a lower level spelling book (I'd keep the one I received because we would be using it in the near future). I said I didn't really want to spend $8.00 on one workbook and have to pay $4.50 on shipping. I told her I actually thought of a few other items I wouldn't mind adding to the order also (so it was like 6 things, :001_smile: ). She said they weren't going to be having any specials on shipping, but because I've been such a good customer for the past 15 years that she would fill the order and ship everything for free. I was surprised! So, two thumbs up for RR. :thumbup: They are my favorite place to homeschool shop (I just don't use their wish list online anymore).

Wow... that is pretty impressive! In my case, they have taken care of some little issues in a more than satisfying manner but the one that stands out in my mind is, they accidentally shipped two boxes to me without clearly stating that each box was 1 of 2. When the order passed customs here in Canada they thought that the two boxes were independent orders, totaling the cost of the order twice. This meant that I paid taxes twice at about $35 from what I remember :banghead:. Now, I know that it was their fault and not mine anyway, but I was very impressed when they just gave me the money for the additional taxes immediately and without any hassles :). Oh, and did I mention that my orders usually get here within a week or two at the most?

Wow... that is pretty impressive! In my case, they have taken care of some little issues in a more than satisfying manner but the one that stands out in my mind is, they accidentally shipped two boxes to me without clearly stating that each box was 1 of 2. When the order passed customs here in Canada they thought that the two boxes were independent orders, totaling the cost of the order twice. This meant that I paid taxes twice at about $35 from what I remember :banghead:. Now, I know that it was their fault and not mine anyway, but I was very impressed when they just gave me the money for the additional taxes immediately and without any hassles :). Oh, and did I mention that my orders usually get here within a week or two at the most?

Wow...that was very good of them to reimburse you like that. I'm more impressed with RR as I read these positive experiences.

I love RR. I seriously use their catalog to help me make plans every year. I've never had any problems with anything I wanted being out of stock. I live in IL so I feel like I'm supporting a "local business" as well as fellow homeschoolers.

And the sticker on the box makes me feel good too. :)

I love RR. I seriously use their catalog to help me make plans every year. I've never had any problems with anything I wanted being out of stock. I live in IL so I feel like I'm supporting a "local business" as well as fellow homeschoolers.

And the sticker on the box makes me feel good too. :)

You could use their catalog as a booster seat at the table.....or a step stool.....or.....

That thing is HUGE! :001_smile: