Menu

Laura Corin - I'm sending my son to you. . .

He is driving me absolutely batty with his faux British with overtones of faux Scottish accent. I was hoping that spending time with you in your part of the world would at least make it more authentic. Did I say that he is driving me absolutely batty?:willy_nilly: (He's a really nice and helpful young man. Perhaps he can help you in the post office.;))

I will be ever so worried for you. I mean, how lonely will Jean be with her son gone? I can't stand the thought of it. I simply care too much.

I have a child that will be helping a friend move in Canada. When said friend is done with her, she will be going to stay with you.

Oh, I feel so much better already.

:lol:

I will be ever so worried for you. I mean, how lonely will Jean be with her son gone? I can't stand the thought of it. I simply care too much.

I have a child that will be helping a friend move in Canada. When said friend is done with her, she will be going to stay with you.

:lol::lol::lol:

Denise, you are TOO kind. I CANNOT let you step in like this. Really.

I'm thinking that if Laura doesn't respond, I'll just send him anyway in a big box. She's the postmistress, she'll accept delivery!

Denise, you are TOO kind. I CANNOT let you step in like this. Really.

I'm thinking that if Laura doesn't respond, I'll just send him anyway in a big box. She's the postmistress, she'll accept delivery!

I insist.

End of subject.

Moderators, close this thread. It is a DONE DEAL.

:lol::lol::lol:

He wouldn't get much help around here. This family has a weird to-itself accent. I'm originally from southern England; Husband is from Texas; the boys (particularly Calvin) grew up with a Filipina amah. Hobbes has the most authentically Brit (mostly English) accent, but also has a stammer, so his language is all over the place. Calvin sounds American to British people and British to American people. I had to work hard the other day to persuade one of my regular customers that I really was English and not ?Canadian? And Husband can never get anyone (Brit or American) to believe that he's really from Texas.

Your son could come and help me bird watch and read library books - that's mostly what I do at work!

Laura

He wouldn't get much help around here. This family has a weird to-itself accent. I'm originally from southern England; Husband is from Texas; the boys (particularly Calvin) grew up with a Filipina amah. Hobbes has the most authentically Brit (mostly English) accent, but also has a stammer, so his language is all over the place. Calvin sounds American to British people and British to American people. I had to work hard the other day to persuade one of my regular customers that I really was English and not ?Canadian? And Husband can never get anyone (Brit or American) to believe that he's really from Texas.

Your son could come and help me bird watch and read library books - that's mostly what I do at work!

Laura

Well, ds is half Filipino so he would fit right in! (He doesn't sound like it though.)

Well, ds is half Filipino so he would fit right in! (He doesn't sound like it though.)

It was so musical and came straight from Aunty Edith. It's pretty much gone now, but there's just a certain exotic 'je ne sais quoi' about his accent. Aunty Edith now runs her own business in Canada.

Laura

Lots of Filipinos in Canada. That's where dh's family immigrated to first before coming on down south. My family on the other hand, immigrated from Ireland and Scotland about 150 years ago. Ds likes to tell people that he's Filipino Scottish when they ask about his ethnicity.

.. that Husband learned that his mother's family was probably originally lowland Scots. His father's surname could be English or German but his mother's is quite specific. His known family history only goes back to his grandfather - he suspects poverty/sharecropping before that - so it's quite fun to discover more roots.

Laura