Menu

Happy Fasnacht Day!!!!

Have you had your donut yet?

Where are my PA chicks on this board? You guys know what I'm talking about!

People in LA have never heard of Fasnacht day - since moving here from rural PA Dutch country I feel like the ambassador for PA Dutchies everywhere.

Now my friends say, "Go on and lay something on me PA style!"

I feel I am doing my part to bring multiculturism back to LA! :lol:

I went to the Yum Yum Donut shop and stocked up - I'm handing out some "fasnachts" today tomy neighbors. Good times!!!

Making the world a better place one donut at a time,

Michele

PS No threads about exercise today, please. I can't bear the guilt!

i have NO idea what you are talking about, but you had me at DONUT.

:lol:

Lard fried donuts. It's Fat Tuesday, so the tradition (I believe) is that this was a fun way of using up the last of the lard before (Catholic) Lent (I mention Catholic, because the EO do Lent differently). I think this is a Germanic tradition.

We just finished some (well, DS3 is still eating...)

It'll definitely be hard to get any lunch into them today! Homemade fastnachts are way better than lunch!

That looks entirely different than they sell here. What I see in the stores here look EXACTLY like the donuts they sit next to. Maybe that's the problem. I'm eating what is sold in the stores instead of homemade.

That looks entirely different than they sell here. What I see in the stores here look EXACTLY like the donuts they sit next to. Maybe that's the problem. I'm eating what is sold in the stores instead of homemade.

These are modeled on the ones I had when I lived near Harrisburg. They also have mashed potato in them. There's a slit in the middle of each so they cook more evenly.

Of course, when you make homemade, you have the opportunity to make it however you like it :001_smile: