Menu

Best pg test??? (or HELP!)

Ok...this is NUTS! Surely I have just spaced off the fact that I just had a period. A lot has happened in the last 33 days. My dad died on May 13th, and last week I found out we are going to California for 3-4 months. I am under a tremendous amount of stress and I am very aware that if I am late it could be caused by that. Plus I am 43. But I'm usually early not late.

BUT I CANNOT remember having one. Not for the life of me.

I woke up this morning and my first thought was 'You are late!'

I checked my calendar. Nothing mentioned since my LAST one which was the 13th. I've been generally having a 23 day cycle...sometimes later...but I KNOW I did not have one last week or this week.

If I had one before that I'd have had about 10 days between stopping and starting up again and I think I'd remember griping and moaning about THAT! Plus I was busy thsat week out of the house and I generally don't go much during that time.

And the clincher is I bought news fem. products on the 16th (of MAY!!!) and it is UNOPENED!!!!!!

So I think I am on day 33...which for me is anywhere from 6 to 10 days late.

And I'm turning 44 in September and going to California in 2 weeks...and this HAS to be just stress, right??????????? Right!!!???? RIGHT!!!????

Regardless, dh is about to go to Walmart to buy not one but TWO preg. test. Which is the most accurate. And it isn't too soon to take one, right?

Here is how I am feeling right about now: :banghead::willy_nilly::eek: Somebody help me calm down ok?? Please?

So what are the best test? Cuz I need to know like right now this MINUTE!

Ok...this is NUTS! Surely I have just spaced off the fact that I just had a period. A lot has happened in the last 33 days. My dad died on May 13th, and last week I found out we are going to California for 3-4 months. I am under a tremendous amount of stress and I am very aware that if I am late it could be caused by that. Plus I am 43. But I'm usually early not late.

BUT I CANNOT remember having one. Not for the life of me.

I woke up this morning and my first thought was 'You are late!'

I checked my calendar. Nothing mentioned since my LAST one which was the 13th. I've been generally having a 23 day cycle...sometimes later...but I KNOW I did not have one last week or this week.

If I had one before that I'd have had about 10 days between stopping and starting up again and I think I'd remember griping and moaning about THAT! Plus I was busy thsat week out of the house and I generally don't go much during that time.

And the clincher is I bought news fem. products on the 16th (of MAY!!!) and it is UNOPENED!!!!!!

So I think I am on day 33...which for me is anywhere from 6 to 10 days late.

And I'm turning 44 in September and going to California in 2 weeks...and this HAS to be just stress, right??????????? Right!!!???? RIGHT!!!????

Regardless, dh is about to go to Walmart to buy not one but TWO preg. test. Which is the most accurate. And it isn't too soon to take one, right?

Here is how I am feeling right about now: :banghead::willy_nilly::eek: Somebody help me calm down ok?? Please?

So what are the best test? Cuz I need to know like right now this MINUTE!

Stress can surely cause your cycle to be off, most of the test are based on the same principal, if you are late they will all work the same. It's when your early the test are somewhat iffy.

Well, I think any of them should do the trick, especially since you are that late. I've had luck with Wal-mart's equate brand so I always just go for cheap.

But best of luck to you!!!!

And I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your dad.

:grouphug:

:iagree: I usually just go for cheap too. But it's probably just stress!

Let us know when you POAS.

Hope you know very soon! Please update when you can.:bigear:

Not long but he is also shopping for some other stuff...so it could be over an HOUR!!!! I know it has to be stress. But... :o ...we have not been exactly .... careful lately.

If I wasn't stressed before, I certainly am NOW!

BREATHE - RELAX - thats an order :001_smile:

I am in a similar situation - 46 year old with 25 day cycle now a week late.

It could be you are indeed pregnant and need to find out and take care of yourself (again - breathe, relax).

It could also be annovulatory cycle. I happened to have my yearly this month. Due to testing we verified I did not ovulate this month. So, it is not too surprising I am late. I also took Excedrin 2 days in a row and that for some whacky reason can mess things up.

SO, stress, OTC meds, your age, rotation of the earth, phase of the moon:001_unsure:, change in sleep patterns - who knows will make alterations in your cycle - esp at your age!

Again, relax, get a test with a 2 pack. IF neg, I would consider repeating in a week. IF still neg - then consider your age and stress a factor. Always, call your doc or midwife if you are concerned!!!

But, do remember, stress can throw IT off too. Like the stress of wondering if you are pregnant.

Sending virtual sympathy and chocolate!

BREATHE - RELAX - thats an order :001_smile:

I am in a similar situation - 46 year old with 25 day cycle now a week late.

It could be you are indeed pregnant and need to find out and take care of yourself (again - breathe, relax).

It could also be annovulatory cycle. I happened to have my yearly this month. Due to testing we verified I did not ovulate this month. So, it is not too surprising I am late. I also took Excedrin 2 days in a row and that for some whacky reason can mess things up.

SO, stress, OTC meds, your age, rotation of the earth, phase of the moon:001_unsure:, change in sleep patterns - who knows will make alterations in your cycle - esp at your age!

Again, relax, get a test with a 2 pack. IF neg, I would consider repeating in a week. IF still neg - then consider your age and stress a factor. Always, call your doc or midwife if you are concerned!!!

But, do remember, stress can throw IT off too. Like the stress of wondering if you are pregnant.

Sending virtual sympathy and chocolate!

Yes. I know. And this is what I am hoping for. Just a screwed up cycle. (Not that I'd not welcome a little baby....but ...)

I just need to take a :chillpill:.

Thanks Holly.

First Response. Last time I was pregnant, I took several brands (ok, I know, one is good enough, LOL) So I was able to ascertain which one showed up the quickest and darkest the soonest. People on my pregnancy board compared too. First Response usually showed up by 10 DPO.

Good luck!

First Responce says I'm in the clear!!!!!

Yay!!!!

It must be stress/age ....all that stuff.

:001_smile:

Thanks everyone for letting me freak out for a few minutes.

Isn't it awful when our bodies do these things to us. When we are under a lot of stress the LAST thing we need is to worry that we are pregnant (which under normal circumstances wouldn't be terrible, but at this stressful moment is not so great). BTDT.

I am glad you got your answer and you now have one less thing to worry about.

Your dh is probably ready to :party: now too. And, I must say, what a guy! My dh would never in a million years buy a pg test.