Menu

Complete Writer slides now posted

Thank you! I'm so glad that these are available, and, frankly, it is great confirmation to see that a lot of what I'm doing with the 11th and 12th graders in my American Lit class is mentioned in Susan's ppt. Yaay!

I was especially jazzed, because after Spring Break I am going to teach and apply some of the principles in They Say, I Say. Double yaay!

Happy dancing here.

(Context for why I'm especially happy for the vindication: I'm getting indications that some of the families think I'm working the kids too hard. Um, I think not. All of them are bright and college bound; several are probably heading to LACs on academic scholarships due to high test scores. They will *have* to write well. I suspect that the parents aren't comfortable teaching writing, so the students are not used to the workload.)

I'm looking forward to these DVD's also. In the meantime, I was thinking of the writing lectures that are currently available. I don't want to duplicate. Can someone who attended and who has heard the lectures available now give insight into whether I should just *sit tight* or get both?

I think they are totally different animals. Some of the material is duplicated, but not most. The audio lectures give a lot more info as to why. The workshop shows *how*. She walks kids from each level through the steps suggested. It was great to see how much hand-holding and leading she does with the kids. It really helped remind me to be patient and hold the course.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...