Menu

Best quotations that are...

somewhat related to homeschooling, doing hard things, overcoming challenges, having a positive attitude....

I have discovered that I really enjoy designing my own inspirational posters/postcards in Photoshop and want to make some great ones to hang up in our homeschool room.

Thank you, thank you!

:001_smile:

Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing. - Harriet Braiker

“If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude.†- Colin Powell

Never let good enough be enough.

There are no shortcuts. (Rafe Esquith)

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. (A League of Their Own)

There's no crying in home school! (not quite A League of Their Own)

Don't make an excuse; make an effort.

Who you are begins with what you do.

Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are probably right. (Henry Ford)

Failure is an event, not a person.

Good, better, best/Never let it rest/Until your good is better/and your better, best.

Carpe diem! (seize the day)

Be as you wish to seem. (Socrates)

Fortune favors the brave.

It may sound silly, but one of my favorites is actually from the character Dory in Finding Nemo when she's talking to Marlin when he's despairing that he'll never find Nemo and tells him, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming"

I don't know why, but her voice and her little song are just infectious. I tell myself that all the time when I'm stressing and just imagining her little fishy face makes me smile. Juvenile I know, but it makes me feel happier. :)

dory.jpg

I love all of these. :)

You've probably seen this thread. I think I over-posted there. ;) If only these quotes would stick in my head, life would be better. :)

Here are some more:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. ~ Maya Angelou

If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. ~ J.K. Rowling

There is always something for which to be thankful. ~ Charles Dickens

It's the job that's never started takes longest to finish. ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

"Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts." ~ Charles Dickens

I used to have so many fabulous ones on pinterest, but all my boards and pins have disappeared. I cannot log on. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense”-Churchill

“Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.” Churchill

"Never do a wrong thing to make a friend or to keep one." - Gen RE Lee

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less" Gen RE Lee

"There is no education like adversity" Disraeli