Menu

What would cause a very short period? (Women only)

Age? I am 38 and mine have become very heavy for 2 days then I spot for a few days. Doc says it's age.

I'm 36. Maybe this is it. I'm fine with it! Better than a whole week, although I do have to say those few days were doozies. The worst ever in terms of feeling bad.

No medications and not losing weight. So I guess age is probably the answer. Weird.

Do you track your BBT's? If your temps are low, I'd say it's just a wonky AF. If your temps are high, I'd say you need to test in a few days assuming no drop or heavier bleeding.

FWIW, I had 3 days of fairly heavy bleeding right around the time AF would've been due with my first pregnancy. My OB told me that he thinks I might've conceived twins that cycle but miscarried one early on. I can't remember exactly what he said, but there was something on one of the lab tests that the most probable explanation for was a miscarried twin.

Do you track your BBT's? If your temps are low, I'd say it's just a wonky AF. If your temps are high, I'd say you need to test in a few days assuming no drop or heavier bleeding.

FWIW, I had 3 days of fairly heavy bleeding right around the time AF would've been due with my first pregnancy. My OB told me that he thinks I might've conceived twins that cycle but miscarried one early on. I can't remember exactly what he said, but there was something on one of the lab tests that the most probable explanation for was a miscarried twin.

No, just cervical fluid. I'm an expert at this point. ;)

Are you all serious about taking a test? I cannot even "go there" about what a shock that would be. We are so done... I thought.

Why doesn't anyone publicize this awesome fact about aging? I mean, there's so much BAD news... we ought to glory in the nice things, doncha think? :D

Doesn't always work that way...mine got LONGER. I used to have 4-5 day mild periods. Now I have 7-9 day periods, really heavy (so bad, I have to wear TWO overnight pads for a minimum of 3-4 days). They are so awful I think I'd like to get pregnant just to get a break for 9 months. :tongue_smilie:

I tried to glory in it, then I'd have one that lasted 17 days, then a couple months without, then a 3 day period, then about 10 days later it'd start again and I worried about bleeding to death, then the night sweats would start, etc.....

Me too :001_huh:

My night sweats are day sweats too. I've never been a sweater. Rarely used deodorant. Not anymore! Now I sweat one minute, take off my sweater, get cold, put it on, sweat...

Why doesn't anyone publicize this awesome fact about aging? I mean, there's so much BAD news... we ought to glory in the nice things, doncha think? :D

I wouldn't glory in it just yet. The shortened thing went along fine for me for a few months. Then it came to a point where it would only last for about a day and half or so, and then suddenly stop. After about a week it would start again- and with a vengeance. For some reason though, for the last three months I've gone back to totally normal.

I think it was too heavy for that, and dh has a vas so that would be QUITE a shock!

implantation bleeding can be as heavy as a regular period. I bled off and on for six weeks with dudeling.

some things . . . .

nutritional status - low iron?

physical fitness - lower body fat can actually make a woman go into amenorreah.

peri-menopause

stress