Menu

How many clothes can a baby really need?

I think that I have issues. I keep buying my dd (who will be 8 months on Friday) more and more clothes. They're just all so CUTE. I can hardly help myself:tongue_smilie:.

At least they're used, so they're being re-used, right;)? Tell me that I'm not the only one here...please??

Oh Lordy. Don't get me started with the summer clothes...too sweet for words!

This will probably feed your addiction but have you ever tried thredup? I use it all the time and LOVE it. I've gotten clothes on there, homeschooling stuff, and today my DD got a leapster2 with 2 games!

If you decide to sign up let me know - I can give you a coupon for $5 your 1st box.

My dd is 6 and I still get itchy fingers for all those CUTE baby dresses at the thrift store. So far, I've only actually bought one "for a friend's baby", but haven't given it to her yet. I think friend's baby may now be too big for the dress. :D Is it too soon to buy for our grandchildren?

Another baby girl clothes addict here! :)

My little girl is 9 mos, and I can. not. stop. shopping.

ThredUp is awesome - if you haven't signed up... Go do it! It is addictive, and you can pass along all those cute, barely worn clothes.

And Gymboree has some great sales... Bad me. Bad. Bad. Must stop shopping!

Dd had so many dresses it was ridiculous (an explosion of pink my husband said once). However, half of her dresses were ones I purchased at dress sales for the following season, or year, or several years (I still have 2 dresses dd can not fit into yet).

Just wait to you start buying bows to go with all the dresses, you need a new one for each dress because the colors are not quite right.

Besides dresses, I would purchase yards and yards of material to make dresses because my poor baby girl needed clothes:glare:

Uhm yes, I'm addicted to shopping for my kiddos. Especially Buglet and New-baby (who has yet to reveal its gender to us). Buglet has a whole diaper box full of winter clothes that he has not worn yet. Mostly because we've had a pretty mild winter here and haven't really had a reason to break out his tiny Carhartt bibs or the several pairs of lined pants and thermal tops and onesies I purchased in the fall.

Here's to hoping that #4 is a boy...because I have so much barely worn/lightly worn/like new stuff for a baby boy that it isn't even funny. Not that I'd mind shopping for a girl but I have two good sized Rubbermaid totes FULL of stuff for a boy. Except for newborn-6 mo stuff, which I stupidly left in storage when we moved last spring and it got ruined.

I'm a total consignment hound, thrift store diva and yard sale monger. I also have a love affair with Craigslist and ebay. Haven't tried thredup, but maybe that's a good thing. :tongue_smilie:

You are not alone :) After 2 boys and a 10 year gap, we had a girl. Oh dear. I remember writing on FB that I thought I might need an intervention or something. I was out of control :D and because most of my friends had mostly boys who were older, they went berserk, buying stuff for DD too. It was madness for a while :biggrinjester: She's now 2 and I have a little more self control, but it can be touch and go ;)

I'm not a shopper at all! But I have a friend just like you all. Now I have enough clothes to outfit my twins for anything, anytime, anywhere. We just go "shopping" in the attic. When they have outgrown the clothes, I donate them all to a local organization. I am actually very grateful for her shopping "addiction." My husband repays by doing odd jobs for them. Her husband is not at all handy.

Girl clothes rock.

Boy clothes, not so much.

I've gotten to the point w/Boo that I'll only buy stuff I love, not 'good enough', simply b/c I've found that the stuff I love gets rewashed, reworn tonnes, good enough only comes out when I've put off doing laundry and am scraping the bottom of the barrel for something for him to wear while the washer and dryer finish :lol:

You are not alone :) After 2 boys and a 10 year gap, we had a girl. Oh dear. I remember writing on FB that I thought I might need an intervention or something. I was out of control :D and because most of my friends had mostly boys who were older, they went berserk, buying stuff for DD too. It was madness for a while :biggrinjester: She's now 2 and I have a little more self control, but it can be touch and go ;)

I can relate. 3 boys then an 8yr gap and my girl.

I had already been buying for our "girl" before being pg, soon as the official ultrasound proving it a girl, I went shopping for everything pink I could find.

Girl clothes rock.

Boy clothes, not so much.

I've gotten to the point w/Boo that I'll only buy stuff I love, not 'good enough', simply b/c I've found that the stuff I love gets rewashed, reworn tonnes, good enough only comes out when I've put off doing laundry and am scraping the bottom of the barrel for something for him to wear while the washer and dryer finish :lol:

THIS! I totally can relate to this. I was just up in the attic going through dd5's hand me downs from someone at church and a friend of ours. Oh my! I brought down a whole new wardrobe (on top of what she already has for winter that she's outgrown b/c of her growth spurt). Plus, I had gone through and put what I absolutely didn't LOVE in a trash bag for the thrift store. Why keep clothes are you don't LOVE when you literally have WAAAAY too much:tongue_smilie:?

I can so relate! We had four boys before having our daughter. Her wardrobe is...ridiculous. It's embarrassing. Goodness, Gymboree has a ton of cute stuff (and Tea Collection, and Gap, and...). There is one children's consignment store here that I could live in. Aaaahh.

I'm told that I'll get over this soon.