Menu

New Love = Nutella and . . .

Banana!

I've been missing out. I've had Nutella on English muffins, toast, and waffles, but this morning while waiting for the Eng. muffin to finish toasting, I decided I couldn't wait a second longer to taste the Nutella, so I grabbed a banana and spooned on a bit of Nutella (because, of course, eating Nutella straight from the jar is just wrong. Right?) A new world has opened up for me! So, so good!

So are there other combos I've been missing that are worth trying?

Banana!

I've been missing out. I've had Nutella on English muffins, toast, and waffles, but this morning while waiting for the Eng. muffin to finish toasting, I decided I couldn't wait a second longer to taste the Nutella, so I grabbed a banana and spooned on a bit of Nutella (because, of course, eating Nutella straight from the jar is just wrong. Right?) A new world has opened up for me! So, so good!

So are there other combos I've been missing that are worth trying?

My two year old eats it straight from the jar, so we have to be careful to keep it on a higher shelf in the pantry.

Love Nutella on bananas! Or toast with Nutella and then sliced bananas on top.

It's good rolled in crepes. Or as an ice cream flavor or ice cream topping. DH wanted me to make frosting with it for our last cake, but the cake was almost gone when he suggested it, so I didn't bother.

It's oddly good on saltine crackers. The salt/chocolate combo works well.

Or as an ice cream flavor or ice cream topping. DH wanted me to make frosting with it for our last cake, but the cake was almost gone when he suggested it, so I didn't bother.

Please share how you make ice cream with it, how you make an ice cream topping, and how you make cake frosting.

Oh, pretty much any fruit is good with Nutella. My favorites are banana (as you discovered), strawberries, and oranges/tangerines.

Also, peanut butter with Nutella is good.

The pear idea has made me wonder about altering an appetizer recipe I have.

The appetizer is baked brie drizzled with hot caramel sauce and served with crusty toasted bread or pear slices (apple slices would work, too). I wonder if I could melt Nutella and use it in place of the caramel. Might have to try that sometime.

ok please help me..... I really, really want to try Nutella, but every time I pick up a jar and see that the first ingredient is sugar, I just can't bring myself to do it... I think I need an intervention...in reverse :lol:

Try this instead: http://justinsnutbutter.com/products.php

First ingredient is almonds...they have others nuts too. It is yummo!

ok please help me..... I really, really want to try Nutella, but every time I pick up a jar and see that the first ingredient is sugar, I just can't bring myself to do it... I think I need an intervention...in reverse :lol:

Don't look. Just toss a small jar into your cart. Take it home and duct tape the ingredients list.