Menu

Teacher's Lodge 1-25-2012

Good Morning Everyone :D We are getting off to a very late start after being on tornado and tree watch last night until 5 am, so today will be a very low-key day. Just cleaning and sorting things mostly.

What's For Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner today? Not sure what our breakfast & lunch will be yet, but Dinner is going to be steaks with mashed potatoes and veggies.

How is your week going so far? Ours is going good so far, last night we got around 3 inches of rain that we really needed to lessen the drought here, cleaning is going well, and DD has been doing well with her lesson prep.

What is the one Home school related item you can't live without? For me it's my laptop - I do lesson plans on it, download materials onto it, and network on homeschool boards with it.

Good morning to ya!

What's For Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner today? I just put the chili on for dinner in about 2 hours. It should have gone on earlier, but it was just one of those days.

How is your week going so far? Must I answer? :glare: I have a teen who can't remember to put his head on and a toddler who just discovered screaming at the drop of a hat. If we make it to the end of the week without me yelling it'll be a miracle.

What is the one Home school related item you can't live without? Spreadsheets. I am so in love with Google Docs right now. I can get to them from any computer and they save automatically. Awesome things.

What's For Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner today? Breakfast will be Eggo waffles.

Lunch will be some kind of salad with protein. Dinner? I have no idea.

How is your week going so far? It was going great! Then yesterday at 4 pm I hit a wall of exhaustion. I slept well but I'm really tired today.

What is the one Home school related item you can't live without? The library. I wouldn't like doing without a lot of other things but I could survive. I hope that I don't have to put this to the test!

What's For Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner today?

Breakfast was waffles again (havent bought them in a while and kiddo really wanted again)

Lunch will probably be a sandwich or maybe cheese fries..that sounds good

Supper -- still thinking, I want something good. FrugalMama your supper sounds really good!!!!

How is your week going so far? Going pretty good. I ran to the store last night. Didn't want to go then but glad I did. Raining today.

What is the one Home school related item you can't live without? My laptop and the library. Yes that is 2 but I use both so much

Gray rainy day! A good day for sleeping or curled up reading a book but I am going to try to do some cleaning/decluttering.

Good Morning Everyone :D We are getting off to a very late start after being on tornado and tree watch last night until 5 am, so today will be a very low-key day. Just cleaning and sorting things mostly.
Yikes! :scared: Tornado and tree watch! Sorry to hear.

You're having steak for dinner. :D Sounds good!!!:drool5:

B: we had oatmeal

L: the kids will have grilled cheese sandwiches and I will have some leftover sausage, lentil and spinach soup

D: chickpea garden burgers w/ avocados/ sweet potato oven fries (and maybe a movie - gotta see what Redbox has available)

[How is your week going so far?
It's going like clock-work; everybody has been working hard to get their assignments done. "The Mama" (that's me) is happy. :D

What is the one Home school related item you can't live without? For me it's my laptop - I do lesson plans on it, download materials onto it, and network on homeschool boards with it.
:iagree:

Good Morning Everyone :D We are getting off to a very late start after being on tornado and tree watch last night until 5 am, so today will be a very low-key day. Just cleaning and sorting things mostly. The kids were up a lot last night due to the storm as well. They left me alone though, and I slept like a baby :D

What's For Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner today? Breakfast was my standard of fried egg and buttered toast. The kids had egg sandwhiches. Lunch will be chicken nachos. Haven't thought ahead to dinner yet. I'm trying to clean out the freezer before we move...so probably some odd conglomeration of things.

How is your week going so far? Good. It has been fairly quiet. Dh's work is busy (which is job security right?) Packing is moving along. The kids have done their schoolwork without griping. I got to go out on a date last night (sushi, a game store and a book store...awesome) Today I'm cleaning the neglected house and have made pretty good progress.

What is the one Home school related item you can't live without? My planner! It is my brain on paper.

Hopefully the tornadoes and trees left you alone! We got rain, which was much-needed, but I'd happily take more.

Breakfast here was raisin bread and bananas - I made it to the grocery store, so we have food again! Yay food! Lunch will probably be leftover meatball soup for DS and I; I'm not sure what DD will want.

DD is home, sick. DS is frustratingly unfocused today. But I got to hold a friend's 13-day-old baby yesterday and kept sniffing my hands for hours afterwards, because he smelled gorgeous. So it's not a horrid week, but it's not the best week ever, either.

My laptop is essential, too. Besides anything else, it provides me the way to this board ;)

Breakfast - two biscotti and a cup of coffee

Lunch - 1/2 an apple, homemade pimento cheese on wheat crackers and a few peppermint, saltwater taffys left over from Christmas.

OH - did you mean for the children???

Our week - heavy school load, always wishing there was more time in the day. I'm weary of answering the question "can I go out and play now?"

My one item - the wisdom of the hive.

for those who have commented on the tornados and trees - it just missed us. We ended up with 3+ inches of rain which we really really needed, but thankfully no wind, hail or tornadoes. I was up watching as the trees in our yard aren't in good condition {I need to get them cut down, but it's just so expensive!}

What one thing surprised you this week? For me, it was that DD was feeling the lack of a playground, and that's why she didn't want to start back to school yet. :confused:

What's For Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner today? Breakfast was a slice of toast with crunchy pb and some yumberry jam. It was yummy. :lol: Oh, and coffee. Lunch was Progresso potato soup because I'm chilly and it was easy. Dinner is going to be hamburgers (homemade) and beans (not homemade). Hopefully, it won't rain and dh can cook them on the bbq, otherwise, I'm on dinner duty.

How is your week going so far? I'll say so-so. We were up the other night with the storms and have been very headachy until this morning. We had no damage, but the B'ham and Tuscaloosa areas got hit again. We did have a TON of rain and several streets flooded that I have never heard of having flooding issues before. Today is going well so far... van in the shop for routine maintenance and back again, did an earthworm observation lab with dd and got our digital microscope up and running... without dh's help! Go me! Took some awesome shots of the (live) earthworm's mouth. Dd let the earthworm go in right where we dug him up and he seemed happy. :001_smile:

What is the one Home school related item you can't live without? Like you, it's my laptop. I have everything on it! I refer to it all the time for various things, even when I know I have a printed copy of something somewhere. My laptop, and my purse, are the first things to go in the closet during tornadic weather. :D

for those who have commented on the tornados and trees - it just missed us. We ended up with 3+ inches of rain which we really really needed, but thankfully no wind, hail or tornadoes. I was up watching as the trees in our yard aren't in good condition {I need to get them cut down, but it's just so expensive!}

What one thing surprised you this week? For me, it was that DD was feeling the lack of a playground, and that's why she didn't want to start back to school yet. :confused:

I'm glad you had no damage. These darned storms are so scary. I hear you on the expense of removing trees. We had to have ONE small poplar tree removed about 10 years ago and it was $500. And we had them leave the stump! It was so much more to have them grind that up. I will say, that if it is possible, I would scrape up the money and have something done with them, as the cost and hassle of having to repair your house will be way more than the cost of removing the trees. Not to mention the potential for the tree to land on someone. That scares me with the tree in our yard. We have one huge pine tree (healthy as far as we know) that is close to the house, so if it falls on the house there is no place we could go to escape it. That scares me.

Oh, Frugalmama, I answered your question about the corn dogs in the other thread (I just saw it when logging on this morning), but in case you don't see it, they are the State Fair brand. :001_smile: Yummy.

What one thing surprised you this week? Oh, my 11 year old cat jumping and running around like a cat half her age. Jumping into boxes, on top of the end table, up on the bar stools, playing with a huge fly in the kitchen (a fly in the house in JANUARY?!). It has been quite interesting to watch. :lol:

We had cereal for breakfast. DD14 had a pizza lunch at her literature co-op to "celebrate" the end of their first semester. The other kids and I had chicken nuggets :001_huh:. We are having balsamic chicken (currently cooking in the crockpot) served over whole wheat spaghetti with a side of italian bread and a salad.

How is your week going so far?

So far, so good. It's been busy, as usual. DH and ds will be gone all weekend (Scouts) and dd14 will be away for most of the weekend (church event). I'll just have my two little ones for the weekend. We have some fun activities planned and since they go to bed relatively early, I should have some quiet time to myself as well!

What is the one Home school related item you can't live without?

My laptop....not only for the school-related documents and research...but for the connection to other like-minded adults for me (through this board!) :001_smile:

FrugalMama -- glad you had no damage

We are having balsamic chicken (currently cooking in the crockpot) served over whole wheat spaghetti with a side of italian bread and a salad.

Recipe please :001_smile:

For supper trying to decided between

fried chicken legs, turnip greens, mac & cheese

or

chicken dumplings

Leaning toward chicken legs since I know I am not planning on going anywhere and it would make dh and kiddos really happy. (haven't cooked this in a over a year) But chicken and dumplings sound so good on this rainy cold day. ;)

We were doing that over the weekend/ early this week. Glad you and yours are safe and sound!

What's For Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner today? Breakfast and lunch were fend-for-yourself leftovers. Gotta clean out the fridge! Supper is at church tonight... chicken, mac and cheese, green beans, carrots, rolls, and dessert.

How is your week going so far? Pretty well. I've changed how I organize school work and lesson plans, and so far it is working really well. (We are on week two.)

What is the one Home school related item you can't live without? Library card. We love the library! (Although the internet would be a colse second... and if we didn't have internet at home, we could access it at the LIBRARY! :D)

For Breakfast I had yogurt, the kids had cereal. For Lunch we had grilled cheese sandwiches and for dinner we're having chili.

How is your week going so far?

It's so-so. Monday the ps was closed (so was private school) so all the kids we're home, kind of hectic. Yesterday was ds4's birthday! So we we're busy.

What is the one Home school related item you can't live without?

My laptop :D

Edited by Laura in MI