Menu

My baby girl met Shawn Johnson tonight! (Pics)

She was so excited!

My budding little gymnast got to meet Shawn at a local event tonight. She even got called on during Q&A and asked her if she has a favorite leotard :)

The 2nd picture makes me smile, because the reason Shawn looks so surprised is because DD ran up and gave her a huge hug before Shawn even knew what was happening. It was adorable.

We literally got less than 30 seconds with her, but DD was in heaven for the rest of the night! Shawn walked away from DD talking about how cute she was :)

post-14952-13535086196561_thumb.jpg

post-14952-13535086197053_thumb.jpg

post-14952-13535086197488_thumb.jpg

Enquiring minds want to know: DOES she have a favorite leo?

Cute pics! My then 13 year old met some former Olympic gymnasts at a camp last summer, and it sounds like they were all fun and approachable. One of them coached her on beam in a hot gym just like the other coaches. It speaks well for the sport that their highest-profile athletes are such good kids.

Terri

Enquiring minds want to know: DOES she have a favorite leo?

Haha! She really stumbled over that one, but did end up saying that she really loves the pink one they wore for the PanAm Games last year.

I'm out of the gymnastics loop, so I don't know who that is

She was on the 2008 US Olympic team.....she also happens to be from here in Iowa :)