Menu

Would you buy an Ipad today?

I am going to the apple store tomorrow, and awash in the sea of temptation!

I know the Ipad 3 is supposed to be coming out (March?) and we will be buying one then for dh's business. Problem is, he needs it yesterday but is just hanging on. I am soooo tempted to get the 2 for him now, then when he buys the 3 we can have the 2 at the house. I just hate picking it up only to find the new one is coming out next week, and the 2s are now selling for $5 :D

Adding to the pressure is the knowledge that I am leaving tomorrow to help family for a week, and will be computer-less and have no smart phone. If I bought the ipad I could use it on my trip! I don't think I can go without the forums for a week!

What would you do?

In light of your circumstances, I would go for it. You can't wait around for the technology to increase. . . you'll just never catch up to it. :D

:iagree: If you'll use the second one at home, then go ahead and get one now, and get another one when the 3 comes out. Everyone at my house will be jealous of you! :D

I would just get one. I mean if you look for an Ipad 1 even with the 2s being out for how long now the 1s aren't all that much cheaper anyway. So if you plan to just take it for the house and him getting the new one, just go for it.

I've been contemplating getting another one for us since my kids fight over the one they share. I'd love to get 2 if I could swing it so they could all have their own. That darn thing is being used every hour they are not sleeping and I'm sick of giving my ipad 2 up for one of the 2 kids that done have current possession of their ipad1.

We fight over our Ipod too! My parents got it for me, and now I never see it!

My husband's business will buy this one, and then we can have it when he gets a new one. The benefit in getting it now is that I can use it for a week (while on my trip) before it heads to his workplace. It might delay his purchase of an Ipad 3 when they come out, but I think that will be OK.

I would get one now but buy refurbished from the apple store. I think they deliver within 2 or 3 days. You get the exact same device as new with the same warranty for less money. I don't know if you are looking for 3G or wireless but I know for the price of a new 16gb you can get a refurbished 32gb.

One week after the 3 is out, they will start rumors about the release date of the 4. You'll never win. Really. Just buy it and be glad you have it. It's kind of like waiting until you sell your house to upgrade the appliances and carpet, then never getting to enjoy them.

Okay, it's nothing like that really, except for being frustrating :lol:

I would get one now but buy refurbished from the apple store. I think they deliver within 2 or 3 days. You get the exact same device as new with the same warranty for less money. I don't know if you are looking for 3G or wireless but I know for the price of a new 16gb you can get a refurbished 32gb.

Great idea ~ Thanks!

Rumor has it that the 2s will go for $3oo once the 3s come out, in order to compete with the kindle fire.

See? SEE? That is what I know will happen! :D

One week after the 3 is out, they will start rumors about the release date of the 4. You'll never win. Really. Just buy it and be glad you have it. It's kind of like waiting until you sell your house to upgrade the appliances and carpet, then never getting to enjoy them.

Okay, it's nothing like that really, except for being frustrating :lol:

:lol:

What if you don't have any plans to purchase an iPad3? The kids saved all their Christmas $$ and we've been holding off because of the supposed release of the 3 and hoping the 2 will then be cheaper. BUT, we REALLY would like to have had it yesterday and could use it daily.

So what would you all do in that case? Buy now -- we've been waiting over a month now already. Or go ahead and get the 2 now at the price they are currently? Have you all had good experience with the refurbished ones? Are they really just like new and receive all the Apple warranties, etc?

honestly i would wait. the 3 is suppose to come out and there are more and more rumors of the 2's price being dropped down 2 around $300. i mean if you just can't survive without it for another month or so then you could just go ahead. i plan to possibly get one as well but we can't really spend money like that so i'm waiting to see what happens

I just bought two refurbs from the Apple Store. Shipped and were here in about two days. Got the Apple Care as they are for the boys and the Trident tough cases. Can't tell any difference in the one we bought at Best Buy brand new. (It only was 16 G and we use them a lot for school and need more space)

Depending on the differences with the Ipad 3 I might get the oldest one when they come out or get another refurb 2. I never dreamed we'd get so much use out of these. Every day I find something new to do with it that helps in our schooling.

What a great thread!!

DH and I are in the market to get 2 Ipad's possibly 3 or 4, depending on price. We are for sure wanting atleast 2's but he wants to get a 3 possibly. If the price of the 2's drop to the $300 range we'll be simply satisfied!!

I too wanted to purchase the ipad a month ago! But have too been waiting for prices to drop so we can have more than 1 in our home. The more I see what the ipad's can do the more I want each of our children to have one for schooling purposes...yes even my preschooler! :lol:

DH and I are getting ipads for sure and atleast 1 for the kids to share. I would wait. BUT that's because the price is about to drop from the rumors. If price isn't an issue then purchase it today!

So if/when the price on the 2 drops to $300 when the 3 comes out, will the price on the refurbs drop as well? Could we possibly get a refurb iPad2 (after the release of 3) for even less than $300?

That would be incredible! I really don't care about whatever is new on the iPad3 (at least not until we see it :tongue_smilie:). If we could end up getting a refurb 2 for even less than $300, then it's a very good possibility that we could get more than one!!

The girls (4 of them) and I have pooled all our $$ from Christmas for a total of about $500-600. We all have b-days in Feb & March, so if we save that money (no gifts), we could definitely end up with enough to purchase more than one.

I'm too excited now!!!!

Here's another question (don't mean to hijack this thread in ANY way --sorry). Do any of you have an external keyboard that you hook up to use for school purposes? And the issue with needing more space -- is it possible to just save things to flash drives or external hard drives, or are you running out of space for programs/apps to run?

So if/when the price on the 2 drops to $300 when the 3 comes out, will the price on the refurbs drop as well? Could we possibly get a refurb iPad2 (after the release of 3) for even less than $300?

That would be incredible! I really don't care about whatever is new on the iPad3 (at least not until we see it :tongue_smilie:). If we could end up getting a refurb 2 for even less than $300, then it's a very good possibility that we could get more than one!!

The girls (4 of them) and I have pooled all our $$ from Christmas for a total of about $500-600. We all have b-days in Feb & March, so if we save that money (no gifts), we could definitely end up with enough to purchase more than one.

I'm too excited now!!!!

Here's another question (don't mean to hijack this thread in ANY way --sorry). Do any of you have an external keyboard that you hook up to use for school purposes? And the issue with needing more space -- is it possible to just save things to flash drives or external hard drives, or are you running out of space for programs/apps to run?

I too would love to see if anyone has any answers to these quetions.

I'm too excited now!!!!

I'm debating buying a wireless mac keyboard but so far have not seen the need enough to justify the expense.

I know Apple now offers Cloud storage but I haven't looked into that very deep either. I was just worried about the Aps taking up too much space and with the new Itextbooks I wondered how much space they'd take up as well.