Menu

I need an organic concealer for blemishes and under the eyes

I was using Physician's Formula Organic Wear but it looks like their Organic Stick has been discontinued. It worked well and was cheap.

It cannot be in liquid form or clog pores and has to be mostly organic.

Has anyone tried any of the following:

Vapour's Concealer

Ecco Bella's FlowerColor Coverup

Josie Maran

Korres

Amazing Cosmetics

These are not as cheap as Physician's Formula, but I'm close to having nothing left and really need a concealer soon. Any other product suggestions?

Is there any special reason why you want it to be organic?

BTW, at least a few of the products you mentioned are not organic -- they contain plenty of chemicals, so can you narrow down the ingredients you don't want to find in your concealer (parabens, or whatever?)

Realistically, most concealers will have the potential to clog your pores, mainly due to their thicker consistency. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to try several different brands and see if they cause breakouts.

I have several different brands of concealer, so if you tell me what you want/don't want in terms of ingredients, I can post some ideas and reviews for you, but in the meantime, I'll tell you that my favorite is Laura Geller's Real Deal concealer. It comes in a tube, but it's much thicker than a liquid. It will cover almost anything. The trick is to use about a pinhead-sized amount and blend it well. It costs $20, but it lasts forever. (I think the product will go bad before you ever manage to use it up!)

It's not organic, though. Here's the ingredient list for the Light shade (copied from the Ulta website)

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.0%), Oxybenzone (3.0%), Titanium Dioxide (5.0%)

Other Ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Cetyl Dimethicone, Beeswax, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polyethylene, Nylon-12, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cetyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Water, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Is there any special reason why you want it to be organic?

BTW, at least a few of the products you mentioned are not organic -- they contain plenty of chemicals, so can you narrow down the ingredients you don't want to find in your concealer (parabens, or whatever?)

Realistically, most concealers will have the potential to clog your pores, mainly due to their thicker consistency. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to try several different brands and see if they cause breakouts.

I have several different brands of concealer, so if you tell me what you want/don't want in terms of ingredients, I can post some ideas and reviews for you, but in the meantime, I'll tell you that my favorite is Laura Geller's Real Deal concealer. It comes in a tube, but it's much thicker than a liquid. It will cover almost anything. The trick is to use about a pinhead-sized amount and blend it well. It costs $20, but it lasts forever. (I think the product will go bad before you ever manage to use it up!)

It's not organic, though. Here's the ingredient list for the Light shade (copied from the Ulta website)

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.0%), Oxybenzone (3.0%), Titanium Dioxide (5.0%)

Other Ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Cetyl Dimethicone, Beeswax, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polyethylene, Nylon-12, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cetyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Water, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Cat, that's so nice of you to go into details. For a couple of hours, I thought I must be the only one with blemished skin.

These are the ingredients that Sephora claims that the natural products won't have:

What it is formulated WITHOUT:

- Parabens

- Sulfates

- Synthetic Fragrances

- Petrochemicals

- Phthalates

- GMOs

- Triclosan

I've used organic for years because usually it's not supposed to have any of the above plus more, but at this point, I'm willing to settle for a product that doesn't have any of the above, will not clog pores, and can also be used under the eyes. It's really hard to find organic and good coverage.

My coloring is light with golden undertones so every blemish can be seen.

I didn't exactly see that it's been discontinued but drugstore and many other online places no longer carry it. There were some bad reviews, but I've never had a problem with it.

I have used this for years and never had a problem with it. It takes me a while to use it up so I haven't had to buy any lately. I do like it, though. I have pretty dark circles under my eyes hereditarily and it matched my skin tone better than anything else I have used.

They are light powders. I also have some redness on my nose and the pearl mint covers it perfectly!

But it's hard to cover up pimples with powder, right? I do like the pearl mint cover but to cover up a pimple, I think I need a little more than a powder concealer. Ugh, I was getting to like this brand.

But it's hard to cover up pimples with powder, right? I do like the pearl mint cover but to cover up a pimple, I think I need a little more than a powder concealer. Ugh, I was getting to like this brand.

I love the coverage! It is pretty substantial. If you need more, you dampen the brush you use to apply it. It covers acne very well, in my hormonal experience!

Yay! I really want to give this sample kit a try. Dampen the brush with water?

Yes, you can play with it. When my skin is dry, I often even mix the foundation in my moisturizer and it goes on beautifully. You can mix it with water, moisturizer, etc. Too heavy in one swoop looks heavy, but light layers works like a charm!

Keep playing until you find YOUR way :)

I love Pink Quartz Minerals makeup. She's on etsy and has her own website too. Her makeup is the best and the only kind I have ever used that I will ever use again. Seriously, I'd otherwise do completely without. It feels wonderful, nothing compares. You can ask questions to her directly on etsy, though you have to have an account I believe. She only uses 7 ingredients in ALL of her products (not that all of her products have all 7)-Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxide, Tin Dioxide, Ultramarine Blue, Kaolin Clay. Foundations contain Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxide, Kaolin Clay, Ultramarine Blue.

Can you go to Sephora or Ulta and play with the samples?

It's hard to judge color and coverage without at least trying the products on the back of your hand.

That said, I buy a ton of cosmetics from QVC, HSN, and ShopNBC, and I'm usually pretty lucky with the colors.

I love Pink Quartz Minerals makeup. She's on etsy and has her own website too. Her makeup is the best and the only kind I have ever used that I will ever use again. Seriously, I'd otherwise do completely without. It feels wonderful, nothing compares. You can ask questions to her directly on etsy, though you have to have an account I believe. She only uses 7 ingredients in ALL of her products (not that all of her products have all 7)-Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxide, Tin Dioxide, Ultramarine Blue, Kaolin Clay. Foundations contain Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxide, Kaolin Clay, Ultramarine Blue.

Thank you, I do have an account and will email her. I don't quite understand mineral makeup. In fact, today is the first I've heard of it, but I can see why many ingredients are eliminated when it's stored as a powder.

Thanks for the recommendation! I just ordered from her.