Menu

I am spending more time at the computer then I should because of .....

birds. Specifically, wild birds outside my office window. A few weeks ago, I was sitting at the computer and a Blue Jay flew to the window ledge. I figured out that the previous owners must have fed the birds on the ledges. So I started to do so. Now I have a direct gallery of birds flying a few feet from me---- house finches, nuthatches, Blue Jays, Northern Flickers, and mourning doves. They are all fine with me sitting but don't like people standing next to them. They do see me but don't care as long as I am at the computer.

I have a lot of birds at my feeder. The squirrels go after their food, so I put out unshelled, raw peanuts for them, but the blue jays ate them.

Last winter when the squirrels ganged up on the birds, I opened the window and threw potatoes and onions at them. My aim was way off and the squirrels weren't scared at all. In fact, they were happy because the birds temporarily flew away.

Oh, how lovely. :)

We put bird feeders on our front porch so that we can watch the birds during breakfast and school. We've got house finches, scrub jays, black-capped chickadees, Anna's hummingbirds, nuthatches. The flicker family won't come that close usually, but they like the front yard, and they're so gorgeous! No doves though.

Enjoy your birds!

Cat

Edited by myfunnybunch

birds. Specifically, wild birds outside my office window. A few weeks ago, I was sitting at the computer and a Blue Jay flew to the window ledge. I figured out that the previous owners must have fed the birds on the ledges. So I started to do so. Now I have a direct gallery of birds flying a few feet from me---- house finches, nuthatches, Blue Jays, Northern Flickers, and mourning doves. They are all fine with me sitting but don't like people standing next to them. They do see me but don't care as long as I am at the computer.

that's awesome. I love birds.