Menu

The gift that keeps on giving

:ack2: :ack2: :ack2: :ack2:

I have seen that woman in the past, and I think she's a nut. I feel so sorry for her poor dd. Her mom has already made it quite clear that her natural attributes are very likely not going to be good enough, so she will require cosmetic procedures if she wants to look good. Oh, and she will also need to use her bought-and-paid-for hot new body to latch on to a successful man. :glare:

I think the mom is doing all of this in order to gain publicity for herself. She obviously craves attention.

I can't stand her.

It is just for attention...for the mom. How would the press even know about it otherwise. The mother obviously has some unique issues, and since the attention is waning from her own endeavors, she is using her kid now.

Reminds me of the "balloon boy", Falcon Heene, where the parents were trying to get a reality TV show.

I just did a little research on the mother, Sarah Burge. Her story is that she was once brutally beaten by the man in her life, to the point where her face was horribly broken and disfigured. She lived with a broken nose, jaw, and cheekbone, and very bad scarring, for seven years. Once she was able to afford or obtain surgery, she admits she started going overboard trying to change the ugly into pretty. And before she knew it she was addicted to surgery.

She may have been able to hide the scars on her face but I guess the scars on her heart still need some work. Her poor daughter, to inherit this misery in such a bizarre way.

I just did a little research on the mother, Sarah Burge. Her story is that she was once brutally beaten by the man in her life, to the point where her face was horribly broken and disfigured. She lived with a broken nose, jaw, and cheekbone, and very bad scarring, for seven years. Once she was able to afford or obtain surgery, she admits she started going overboard trying to change the ugly into pretty. And before she knew it she was addicted to surgery.

She may have been able to hide the scars on her face but I guess the scars on her heart still need some work. Her poor daughter, to inherit this misery in such a bizarre way.

I wonder if it's a true story, or is something she made up for publicity purposes. I usually wouldn't doubt a story like that, but in this woman's case, I'm not sure how low she would stoop just to get herself on television or written about online or in a magazine.

If it were true, you would think she would never, ever want her dd to feel she had to improve her looks just to get a man. You'd think she'd want the dd to be as independent and confident as possible.

I wonder if it's a true story, or is something she made up for publicity purposes. I usually wouldn't doubt a story like that, but in this woman's case, I'm not sure how low she would stoop just to get herself on television or written about online or in a magazine.

I can't find the link where I just was (multi-slacking all over the internets tonight) but there was a 'before' and 'after' of the abuse. It was pretty horrific, and obviously her.

Thanks, Tibbie. The photo is horrific. I can understand why she has required so much plastic surgery, and even if it wasn't all "necessary," it was important to her.

I totally disagree on the message she is sending her dd, though. After reading about the mom, I can't help but wonder if this is all just a hoax to get publicity for the mom and dd, because I can't imagine someone who took that kind of beating ever wanting her dd to need to be supported by any man, or to have plastic surgery for cosmetic reasons.

Thanks, Tibbie. The photo is horrific. I can understand why she has required so much plastic surgery, and even if it wasn't all "necessary," it was important to her.

I totally disagree on the message she is sending her dd, though. After reading about the mom, I can't help but wonder if this is all just a hoax to get publicity for the mom and dd, because I can't imagine someone who took that kind of beating ever wanting her dd to need to be supported by any man, or to have plastic surgery for cosmetic reasons.

It is strange. I wonder if she ever got counseling for what she went through. I read about her other adventures in parenting and can't believe some of that stuff isn't against the law.

I wish people who are obviously messed up would not get to be famous. But anything weird becomes 'news' anymore. Sick.