Menu

I'm freezing and grumpy about it.

Granted, I'm in Atlanta and it really isn't that cold (45 right now, 36 with the wind chill) but to me it's COLD!

I want to crawl back in bed.

Oh, and did I mention I'm too cheap to turn the heat on? :D

Baked potato soup for dinner tonight, if I can muster the will to take off my Snuggli.

That's all.

Here comes all the northern sympathy I can muster. :D 45 degrees? :lol: Turn on the heat for a little, it's Christmas!

See...there's the problem. I can hardly muster sympathy for my own self. I grew up in the North....which is why I now live in the South! And no, I won't do it, because....well...45 just isn't cold enough to justify it. :tongue_smilie:

P.S. I am now wearing my daughter's brand new fingerless gloves. Because she isn't. Because.....she isn't freezing.

I understand, our heating recently broke down during a particularly cold spell. My body just shuts down when I feel even slightly chilly. And I get grumpy too.

The good news is that it's quite cheap and easy to warm up. The bad news is it involves lots of vacuuming, bathroom cleaning and ironing. Cooking can be warming too, especially if it means opening and closing the oven lots. Slightly more fun is participating in a Nerf war with wild, crazy kids.

Or maybe you'd just prefer to remain cold and grumpy :D.

Best wishes

Cassy

I understand, our heating recently broke down during a particularly cold spell. My body just shuts down when I feel even slightly chilly. And I get grumpy too.

The good news is that it's quite cheap and easy to warm up. The bad news is it involves lots of vacuuming, bathroom cleaning and ironing. Cooking can be warming too, especially if it means opening and closing the oven lots. Slightly more fun is participating in a Nerf war with wild, crazy kids.

Or maybe you'd just prefer to remain cold and grumpy :D.

Best wishes

Cassy

No, I prefer to be warm. Preferably on a beach with a nice young cabana boy bringing me froo-froo drinks. :D

No, I prefer to be warm. Preferably on a beach with a nice young cabana boy bringing me froo-froo drinks. :D

Why didn't I think of that? Too practical, that's me. Of course, there are all kinds of ways to get nice and hot and steamy :tongue_smilie:. Ah, what have you got me started on :ohmy:?

Cassy

If it's 45 degrees in the house I think you can fold and turn on the heat. See, it has this handy mechanism that shuts itself off when the desired temperature is reached. Set it for 64 if you must.

I live in the north and I start balking when I have lto go outdoors if it's below 50. I pretty much whine from October until March.

If it's 45 degrees in the house I think you can fold and turn on the heat. See, it has this handy mechanism that shuts itself off when the desired temperature is reached. Set it for 64 if you must.

I live in the north and I start balking when I have lto go outdoors if it's below 50. I pretty much whine from October until March.

It's 45 outside. Still 63 inside. I think the thermostat is lying. That, or the "cold" seeped into my bones when I ventured outside and I can't shake it.

I'm good now, though! Hot shower, snuggly warm pajamas, coffee with Bailey's, warm covers = Warm Me!!!

We are cold here in Bangalore! Had the sweaters and blankets on yesterday and the temperature was about 80 but the houses here are built to stay cool (marble floors, no direct sunlight in the windows, concrete wall construction) and we have NO HEAT! So on Friday when it dips down to a frigid 70 we are all going to really be suffering!! :tongue_smilie: When you are used to high 80s/90s it is a shock to the system. Everyone here is down with colds and sinus infections! So...I feel your pain!

:iagree::iagree: :lol:

It's 45 outside. Still 63 inside. I think the thermostat is lying. That, or the "cold" seeped into my bones when I ventured outside and I can't shake it.

I'm good now, though! Hot shower, snuggly warm pajamas, coffee with Bailey's, warm covers = Warm Me!!!

63???? I would hold off too. But, then, we keep our house between 62 and 64 in the winter! :lol: we were just with relatives from Arizona who were freezing here in Michigan! It's all about perspective!