Menu

I am starting to believe that....

Horrible confession:

My poor overworked husband went on a month-long business trip. He gets "per diem" (like 59.00/day) so he can eat. I told him to skip meals so we could add up enough per diem to get an ipad. He came home last Sunday with a new iPad in his suitcase. What a wonderful man. :D

Part of me feels guilty and part of me is wondering when he is going on another business trip so I can get more homeschool stuff....:tongue_smilie:

Horrible confession:

My poor overworked husband went on a month-long business trip. He gets "per diem" (like 59.00/day) so he can eat. I told him to skip meals so we could add up enough per diem to get an ipad. He came home last Sunday with a new iPad in his suitcase. What a wonderful man. :D

Part of me feels guilty and part of me is wondering when he is going on another business trip so I can get more homeschool stuff....:tongue_smilie:

:lol: That cracks me up!

Considering that our anniversary, my birthday and Christmas fall in a 5-day period, I think that it's a reasonable request.
:001_huh:

Wow.

And my DH thought he had it bad with our anniversary, my birthday and Christmas all within one month! :lol: He would die if all that fell within one week.

Having one is helpful.

I don't do layaway, so I don't know the rules. However, would something like that be possible?

Also, I'm sure that iPad3 will be out before long (I haven't read or researched it but am assuming as they like to release new versions to gain more revenue), so iPad1s, which are nice, should come down in price.

Keep your eyes open for refurbished ones. They are probably more expensive now since it is holiday buying time, but in a couple months the price may go down with more available.

People will also be selling used ones soon (iPad1s) since they may be getting newer versions for Christmas.

Also, I'm sure that iPad3 will be out before long (I haven't read or researched it but am assuming as they like to release new versions to gain more revenue), so iPad1s, which are nice, should come down in price.

There's talk of one possibly as early as March (better resolution...possible voice activated stuff... from what I was just reading... and yup, "stuff" is about as clear as I can be... ;) )

We do have the original iPad (got it when we thought our son would need allergy shots as a bribe for while we were at the allergist...turned out he didn't - but there went my spare cash I'd earned. :glare:)

I generally do much better having the iPad OFF during school.

Or if I have it on... I really need to have the internet off or I'm surfing too much. :blush: I mention this in the hope of helping with the desire for one... yeah, it's great... but I don't use it for school effectively.

I would like one to for school and entertainment, but we won't have one for awhile. :tongue_smilie: But I think in the future it will be a lot more affordable like other types of technology. I remember seeing how expensive android phones and kindles used to be. Now a new kindle starts at $79! I would like to get dd1 a kindle eventually and I'll be checking craigslist after Christmas to see how much they cost then.

I made sure that dd would in no way have a birthday close to Christmas. :)She was born in mid-May.
We totally failed. Our son was born the day after Christmas. :lol:

In my defense, he wasn't due until the middle of February, so it isn't technically my fault that I added another birthday to the holiday fun.

I told dh that I would like an ipad. Considering that our anniversary, my birthday and Christmas fall in a 5-day period, I think that it's a reasonable request. :tongue_smilie:Whether he finds the money to do it or not, is the big question.

HE DID IT! I just got it tonight (our anniversary). I call it my Anni-Birth-Mas present. :tongue_smilie:l