Menu

How often do your have your trash picked up?

How often is trash picked up where you live?  

1. 1. How often is trash picked up where you live?

• Never, we have to drive it somewhere.
    • Once a week
    • Twice a week
    • Three times a week
    • 4 or more times a week
    • other

Our pick up is on Thursdays we can put out....

Trash every week (we have big 96gal rolling cans here)

yard waste (up to 30 clear bags) ever week

recycling (another big 96gal can) every other week.

I can buy an extra trash or recycling can for about $70 and they will take up to 3 of each per household (they have a truck with big arms that just lifts the cans up)

My trash bin is usually only half full but the recycle is usually overflowing like mad, I do have 2 trash bins, but think I will be buying a 2nd recycling bin instead. We are to just toss all recycles they'll take into the same bin, no sorting. There are some things they won't take, but the funny thing is the place they take all the stuff they pick up will take the things our city says not to put in the bin, so I just put it in anyway. I can also take any extra recycling stuff to the place the city does and they have a huge dumpster out front you can drop the recycles in.

Once a week here, the city picks up one can that has a weight limit of trash. We can purchase $1.50 stickers for additional black bags; they also have a weight limit.

Recycle can is picked on on the same day year round and a yard waste is too from April - November.

Our city does not allow you to opt out and there are no other choices:001_huh:. We can go to the dump but it cost a fortune and much of it is per item.

Our town has mandatory trash service. We have weekly pickup and have 1 garbage, 2 recycling, and 1 yard waste cans.

Where my parents live, there is no pickup service so they compost the yard waste and take the trash & recyclables to the transfer station (they still call it "the dump" though it's no longer an actual landfill). They have to pay by bag.

From about May to October, it is once a week, both trash and recycling. From November to April, it is every 10 days. *rolleyes* Good luck keeping track of that! Plus, our garage ends up with so much trash and recycling in it, my husband can barely fit his truck in. It's ridiculous!

Heather