Menu

Suggestions for Addition/ Subtraction Games

engu

I asked that on here awhile back and was told by several the Right Start math card games. There are a ton of them. I purchased them and they have really made a big difference. In fact, the addition games like Go to the dump, are her favorite. We also started playing with Crods with Miquon (not so much a game), but she enjoys them.

I asked that on here awhile back and was told by several the Right Start math card games. There are a ton of them. I purchased them and they have really made a big difference. In fact, the addition games like Go to the dump, are her favorite. We also started playing with Crods with Miquon (not so much a game), but she enjoys them.

Do you have a link for purchasing this? TIA!

I think dice make such great tools for games. Here is a link to a pdf file of games.

You can always play war, rolling 2 dice each, then adding or subtracting. The person with the larger answer wins. When you want to work with larger numbers than 6, you can use 3, 4, or more dice. Just add two of them to get a number as large as 12. Shut the Box is a great game to play as well. Here is a link.

Times Attack is supposed to have addition and subtraction games this Christmas if you would be interested in a video type game for practice.

Bingo. The cards you draw have an answer, and the boards have 2+3, etc in squares. You draw a number and match. Later you can draw equations and you put them on squares that add up to the same amount.

Kiddo loved them. You'll have to make them. I found a German game from the 70s at Goodwill.

We simply play store (sometimes with food, or cars, or "pet shop" with stuffed animals - you can use whatever you child is into to make it more fun). My son (5) likes to set up the store with price tags & I play the customer. I buy two or more things, and he tells me my total. You can make it as simple or complicated as you want. It's great for teaching subtraction as well, when he needs to give me change. And of course, you can also teach money once you get the basics of addition down.

We also play some of the games suggested by PP's, but this is by far his favorite. And FWIW, he's mastered more complicated addition problems much faster this way compared to simple worksheets.