Jump to content


Dr. Hive: Sports doctor? orthopedic? acupuncture?

Where should I go?  

  1. 1. Where should I go?

    • Orthopedist
    • Sports medicine
    • Acupunture
    • I'm open to any other suggestion. Please.

Recommended Posts

I have a bad elbow. :glare: I didn't injure it...this time; last time I hurt it when I was fencing. That attack posture with the arm outstretched was just apparently more than I could handle. So back then, I went to therapy, and I was given some very simple exercises which helped immediately.


It's my right elbow, so it *could* be from using the computer mouse...and all that time spent playing Bejewelled Blitz. :D But because I've had problems with that elbow before, and because I tend to have joint pain anyway, I don't think that's the *cause.*


The exercises I did before are not helping now. My doctor recommends icing and ibuprofen. :glare:


So now I'm finally ready to go somewhere. Do I want an orthopedist? sports medicine? or maybe acupuncture?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I voted "sports medicine," because my 14 yo gymnast with a severely, and I mean "in-a-cast-4-weeks-out-of-training-12-weeks-season ending," elbow sprain, is seeing the sports medicine doctor, who is an orthopedist.


Yours probably isn't as bad as hers, but a good sports medicine doctor is worth his weight in gold.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...