Menu

HELP- I have wrinkles, grey hair AND a huge pimple.

Oh the irony and cruelty of it all.... 35 is great!!!

Grrrr

Once every 5-6 months I get a huge pimple on my chin- it usually follows a few days after some night where I've been too lazy to clean & prep my face, but also coincides with hormonal fluctuations. Sigh. I confess.

I've never found anything that really works to shorten the duration, but would reaaaaaallly like too... :) Its an under the skin, big one- not sure what to do? Ice? Warm compress? Hmmm

Currently, I have tea tree oil on it....I have salicylic acid & benzoyl peroxide topical creams, but don't want to use them unless I KNOW they'll help and for this type, I'm not so sure.

Oh the irony and cruelty of it all.... 35 is great!!!

Grrrr

Once every 5-6 months I get a huge pimple on my chin- it usually follows a few days after some night where I've been too lazy to clean & prep my face, but also coincides with hormonal fluctuations. Sigh. I confess.

I've never found anything that really works to shorten the duration, but would reaaaaaallly like too... :) Its an under the skin, big one- not sure what to do? Ice? Warm compress? Hmmm

Currently, I have tea tree oil on it....I have salicylic acid & benzoyl peroxide topical creams, but don't want to use them unless I KNOW they'll help and for this type, I'm not so sure.

I'm 39 and still get them. Hate it, but yeah, totally normal for me. I put apple cider vinegar on the most recent one last week. It was an "under the skin" type and painful. I held a q-tip soaked in the vinegar - it stung. The next morning it was visibly shrunken. I actually think I'll start using vinegar on my future ones!

I'm 39 and still get them. Hate it, but yeah, totally normal for me. I put apple cider vinegar on the most recent one last week. It was an "under the skin" type and painful. I held a q-tip soaked in the vinegar - it stung. The next morning it was visibly shrunken. I actually think I'll start using vinegar on my future ones!

Good to know!

:lol: I know how you feel. I have earned every wrinkle, laugh line and I am okay with that. Pimples, that's a whole other issue... :glare:

Exactly! I earned the wrinkles....the grey hair, not so sure...started going grey at 29, but I can dye it for a few more years. The pimples? :banghead:

THANK YOU! I will try anything- but happy its a more natural option, and I know apple cider vinegar is good for so many things. :)

I've heard of toothpaste too- anyone tried that? It seems like it would be really drying and I don't want to make it worse w/ dry flaking skin.

THANK YOU! I will try anything- but happy its a more natural option, and I know apple cider vinegar is good for so many things. :)

I've heard of toothpaste too- anyone tried that? It seems like it would be really drying and I don't want to make it worse w/ dry flaking skin.

I think anything acidic may help. Lemon juice is another option. Never tried tooth paste. But..in the movie "Big Fat Greek Wedding", the Dad swore by Windex - yes the window cleaner. Haven't tried it either but you could let us know how it goes.

I hear you. 36 is the year it all started going downhill here :glare: Does it help you to know that while snuggling before bed one night, DD9 found a single 1-inch long hair under my chin near my neck? :svengo::banghead: She's been calling it my one-hair beard ever since. And to think, that kid used to be my favorite :glare:

So I have wrinkles, pimples, AND frightening stray hairs. No gray though. Frankly, I'm not sure whether I'd prefer the hirsutism or the gray. I don't think I have a choice, anyway *sigh*

I have used toothpaste before with decent results. I think it has to be *paste*, though, not gel.

All I know is, while I had pristine, gorgeous skin as a teenager, my skin was getting worse and worse in my 30's. I was counting my zits and most weeks, I would have 4-7 new zits, plus all the scars and marks from the ones that healed. Most of the zits were around my chin and jawline and were often the type you're speaking of; painful nodules that lasted for ages and had no "head". A few years ago, I got fed up and went to the dr. about it. He gave me a topical antibiotic. I know this is not what you're aiming for, but just as an FYI, it worked beautifully. I could kick myself for having such a long fuse that it took me years to treat it medically.

For full disclosure, I also went on the BCP for the hormonal element. The combination of the two solutions is optimal, but if I were against being on BCP, the antibiotic also worked about 85% without the pill. Now, with both, my skin is 99.9% perfect. I may get a small, unimportant "normal" zit once every 4-6 months.

I have used toothpaste before with decent results. I think it has to be *paste*, though, not gel.

All I know is, while I had pristine, gorgeous skin as a teenager, my skin was getting worse and worse in my 30's. I was counting my zits and most weeks, I would have 4-7 new zits, plus all the scars and marks from the ones that healed. Most of the zits were around my chin and jawline and were often the type you're speaking of; painful nodules that lasted for ages and had no "head". A few years ago, I got fed up and went to the dr. about it. He gave me a topical antibiotic. I know this is not what you're aiming for, but just as an FYI, it worked beautifully. I could kick myself for having such a long fuse that it took me years to treat it medically.

For full disclosure, I also went on the BCP for the hormonal element. The combination of the two solutions is optimal, but if I were against being on BCP, the antibiotic also worked about 85% without the pill. Now, with both, my skin is 99.9% perfect. I may get a small, unimportant "normal" zit once every 4-6 months.

Topical antibiotic, as in prescription or OTC triple antibiotic ointment?

And I'm already on BCP- which is why I only have an issue once every 4-6 months. :) Sooo happy about that side affect. :)

Edited by LarlaB

Topical antibiotic, like prescription on triple antibiotic stuff? Hmmmm

And I'm already on BCP- which is why I only have an issue once every 4-6 months. :) Sooo happy about that side affect. :)

I don't know what "triple antibiotic stuff" means. It's a prescription, yes. It's Clyndamiacin. I'm sure it's not the perfect solution for everybody, but after the way it worked for me, I am convinced that bacteria was causing the majority of my problem. OTC and natural antibacterial medications were not effective.