Menu

What are those high-quality figure toys?

I don't know how to explain this! I have noticed at higher end toyshops, there are these figures (knights, Indians and cowboys, animals, monsters, etc) that are plastic/rubber but are exquisitely painted and very detailed. About $5-8 each? What companies make these? If you have them, do your dc play with them? My ds5 always gravitates to them, and he's very imaginative w/ Lego guys, etc. Just wondering if they might be a nice gift (and WHAT they are called!).

Schleich!

We LOVE them and have tons. Off to find you a link.

http://www.schleich-s.com/

They are also sold at Tractor Supply and amazon.com.

There are other similar toys sold through Rainbow Resource etc. I'll see if I can find info on that brand.

Okay, those are called Safari, and RR has many collections:

http://rainbowresource.com/prodlist.php?subject=11&category=7298

Check out the left menu. Lots to choose from!

Edited by darlasowders

Schleich!

We LOVE them and have tons.

:iagree: We LOVE Schleich here! We have the barn, horse stable, and my son is getting the Animal Nursery for this Christmas. We have TONS of horses and animals of all sorts. We have a few carts and vehicles as well. VERY well made. The tack doesn't stand up well to a 2 year old boy, though. :lol:

We only have a couple of Papo items but I find them not as realistic and well made. My kids rarely play with those. Not fond of Safari Ltd for their horses but we have the entire sea life collection from Safari and are very happy with those. We got those when my oldest DD was going through a huge "Free Willy" phase. Having 3 extremely horse crazy family members, we are quite discriminating when it comes to realistic horse figures. Only Schelich has garnered the unanimous approval of everyone in my home. :tongue_smilie:

We love them, too! Our kiddo adores the details. They are beautiful, and get lots of playtime.

We use them as cake decorations, sometimes, too... A pretty cake plus a toy. :)

The only drawback... Our 2 year old pup adores them, too. These are the *only* things other than dog toys that he will chew. There must be an attractive scent. Hmmm, or maybe using them as cake decorations wasn't a good idea. :)

So we keep them in a special trunk, and remember to put them away after playtime.

I get a lot of ours from amazon and also our Tractor Supply Store (TSC) carries them,

I'm pretty sure I've seen them at Meijer also. Especially this time of year.

http://www.meijer.com/s/schleich/toys-games-bikes/_/N-1z140f9Z2hk?cmpid=CASEM

It looks like most can be ordered to the store. Only a very few are online exclusives. For horses, Schleich are the best. Keep that in mind when you're browsing.

That's Schleich anyway. For Safari, I'd go with Rainbow Resource as they seem to have a huge selection and they just lowered the min. for free shipping.

I've never seen that other brand (Papo?) anywhere.

If they are figurine like toy sets they are Papo or Schleich.

If they vaguely resemble Lego then they are Playmobil.

All of them are wonderful. My kids have played with these more than any other toy they've owned.

Schleich makes a beautiful castle that works with both their and the Papo figures. I think there is also a woodland tree house set.

ETA: I think Target sells a few of the Papo figures.