Menu

My toddler has a new word.

He's 22 months and a few weeks ago, I was worried he had too few words. Well, he added a new word this week...

"Wiener." Yup, wiener. :glare:

Did I mention he has 3 older brothers? Sheesh! I'm grateful that his vocabulary is increasing, but what a word to have to rattle off to the pediatrician!

He's 22 months and a few weeks ago, I was worried he had too few words. Well, he added a new word this week...

"Wiener." Yup, wiener. :glare:

Did I mention he has 3 older brothers? Sheesh! I'm grateful that his vocabulary is increasing, but what a word to have to rattle off to the pediatrician!

:smilielol5:

When my 19 year old son was preschool-aged, we called it a "honker". I don't know why; I cannot even imagine why. We just did.

One morning, he was watching Sesame Street which came on just before or after Thomas the Tank Engine or Barney - not sure which it was. A skit with muppets came on, and they were called, Honkers. My son heard that and looked at me without saying a work. I looked at him without saying a word. We both looked at the Honkers on the television. It was a very awkward minute. His older brother came into the room, and suddenly, the room was filled with hysterical laughter.

At any rate, it is cute when they start building their vocabulary. :lol: Don't worry about the doctor. I'm sure that won't be the first nor last time he hears that. It probably isn't the worst word he has heard it called either.

My son heard that and looked at me without saying a work. I looked at him without saying a word. We both looked at the Honkers on the television. It was a very awkward minute. His older brother came into the room, and suddenly, the room was filled with hysterical laughter.

:svengo::lol::lol::lol:

My sweet Lily learned B*tt Cr*ck last week. Nice. Of course the kids fall all over themselves with hysterical laughter when she says it so she just keeps saying it. Yep, she pats her bum while she says it. :lol::001_huh::glare:

I might have even laughed a little...

I do love this age because they are always learning new words and it's fun to see what comes next.