Menu

Do you own a Samsung french door fridge?

This is our second one. We had the first one replaced at about 4mths because of frost issues. Well, here we are at about the 4mth mark and the frost is back in full force! When I talk with them, they make it sound like I'm the only person in the world complaining of this but a quick google search brings up lots of forums with other people having the same problem.

So, do you have trouble with frost in freezer? This was an expensive refrigerator. I shouldn't have to defrost it monthly!

My inlaws have same fridge but alarm/control panel problems. They had great difficulty getting things fixed under warranty. Usually the wrong part was sent with the repairman. Keep fighting for them to fix it right or to replace the fridge. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this!

Ours frosted up when I overfilled it. You might want to check that it's actually sealing nice and tight when you close it and that the upper freezer drawer is properly settling into place.

Also, be sure your back vents aren't covered by anything preventing good air flow (like a plastic bag or such that may have fallen off the top and then behind the fridge).

BTW, if any of you have this in stainless finish, what's the best thing you've found to clean it with?

Are there different models that some may have issues with while other models are fine? I'm buying new appliances soon and we are planning to get a Samsung french door fridge... hoping we don't have any of these problems!

Is the stainless difficult to clean? I have always been against it because of that but I'm being told now the stainless is no problem when it comes to cleaning... true or no?

We've had our Samsung for about 2 years....Just recently it froze up on us for the first time and we had to defrost (1st time ever I've had to defrost a fridge). I was doing OAM cooking the day before it froze and I think I just had the doors open too much...like all day in fact...:lol:

Anyway afterwards we also found out that keeping the bottom freezer drawer "lite" on food (don't overfill) and making sure it is a full 6"-8" from the wall prevented any frost issues on the next OAM cooking day.

This 6"- 8" seems to be key...it looks like way too much, and it is sizeable. (way more than I've ever had a fridge from the wall in fact) But I pushed it back one day because I was disgusted with seeing the wall behind the fridge and not 4 hours later the whine from the fan freezing up started again...I moved the fridge back out and it stopped....FWIW the 8" from the wall stopped our frost problem.

For cleaning I use plain old vinegar/water (50/50 ratio) which is what I use to clean just about everything, including glass. (I do use a herbal vinegar I make since the herbs I use are all well known antibacterial, antiviral, anti-fungal....just plain old good for kitchen/bathroom cleaning)

I don't really fill it FULL, but I definitely don't want to worry about keeping too much food in there. If you have one, is it the biggest one they make (29cu ft)? That's the size we have. I just can't believe you'd need to be so careful about closing the door.

I told the repair person they better not tell me I'm closing the door improperly. I've already had that class. lol!! Frankly, I just want my money back and am going to get a different brand. I love the french doors with the freezer on the bottom, but I don't know if I'll get another like that.

I don't really fill it FULL, but I definitely don't want to worry about keeping too much food in there. If you have one, is it the biggest one they make (29cu ft)? That's the size we have. I just can't believe you'd need to be so careful about closing the door.

I told the repair person they better not tell me I'm closing the door improperly. I've already had that class. lol!! Frankly, I just want my money back and am going to get a different brand. I love the french doors with the freezer on the bottom, but I don't know if I'll get another like that.

Yep ours is the biggest size.......the door isn't that much of an issue imo, since it does *chime* if left open for more than 10 sec..(or so it seems...:lol:)

Inspite of the frost problems we've had with the Samsung I'm happy with it. We looked at all the french door models and Samsung seemed to have the best construction, best door shelf size, best overall layout, and we love our *inside the fridge* water dispenser. (I hate door dispensers but that is a whole other post..;)) I'm sorry you've had such problems with yours. But if ours died tomorrow I'd be buying another french door (maybe not the same brand, I'm sure over the last 2 years there have been changes to other brands I would want to check out....but I have been really happy with the Samsung and the french door layout in general)