Menu

Help me come up with a fun craft!

I am seriously the least crafty mom in the world. However, I would like to make tomorrow a fun day, with a craft for my 7yo and 4yo. I just went through my craft supplies and I have:

- craft sticks (in many colors)

- little pom poms (I think that's what they are called!)

- construction paper

- pipe cleaners (in many colors)

- magnet backing

- the usual...markers, glue, crayons, etc. (no paint though)

So can you help me come up with something fun, but not too difficult? It would be great if the craft has a Fall/Halloween theme.

Thanks!

We're making slime out of Elmer's glue and borax. You didn't mention having borax, but perhaps the crafty, seasonal possibilities of laundry additives didn't occur to you. :tongue_smilie:

There are lots of slime recipes online, if this is something that appeals to you. We'll be discussing how this makes a polymer, so it will be science for us.

I'd make 3-D halloween magnets.

Use glue (or ideally a hot glue gun) to stick a pom pom on a magnet. Make little characters (heads) using other bits and pieces glued on. A monster or alien could use the pipe cleaners as antennae. A pumpkin could be done by cutting eyes and smile out of construction paper, and a gluing a green paper stem on top, and maybe even a curly bit of pipe cleaner as a vine coming off the stem. Cover a pompom with a tissue or piece of white fabric and bits of paper for the eyes to make a ghost. When they're dry, enjoy them on your fridge. :)