Menu

History of Medicine. Any similar books?

Mandarinmom

Are you looking for medical history specifically or science books that read like the History of Medicine? There are other books along the same vein such as the History of Chemistry, the History of Mathmatics, etc. We have them all, and my girls are going through them for science this year. They have enjoyed them all so far.

From what I see on these boards, people tend to either really enjoy Tiner's books or find them really dull --our DSs *really* enjoyed them. :) We all love science documentaries and so we liked reading about the discoveries scientists have made over the years. Of Tiner's books, we have read and enjoyed:

Exploring Planet Earth (gr. 4-6)

History of Medicine (gr. 4-8)

World of Chemistry (gr. 5-8)

World of Physics (gr. 5-8)

World of Mathematics (gr. 6-9)

Here's a book we have enjoyed even more than the Tiner books: Marvels of Science: 50 Fascinating 5-Minute Reads by Kendall Haven. It tells stories explaining how many scientific discoveries were made.

ETA: The same author has several other books with stories of scientists and discoveries, but I haven't read them.

Edited by klmama

Here's a book we have enjoyed even more than the Tiner books: Marvels of Science: 50 Fascinating 5-Minute Reads by Kendall Haven. It tells stories explaining how many scientific discoveries were made.

ETA: The same author has several other books with stories of scientists and discoveries, but I haven't read them.

The Marvels of Science book looks really interesting!

From what I see on these boards, people tend to either really enjoy Tiner's books or find them really dull --our DSs *really* enjoyed them. :) We all love science documentaries and so we liked reading about the discoveries scientists have made over the years. Of Tiner's books, we have read and enjoyed:

Exploring Planet Earth (gr. 4-6)

History of Medicine (gr. 4-8)

World of Chemistry (gr. 5-8)

World of Physics (gr. 5-8)

World of Mathematics (gr. 6-9)

That's us too :)! Thank you for the grade breakdown. Saving this for future reference :).

This looks interesting too. Thank you for posting it :)!