Menu

Your favorite way to dispose of printer ink cartridges would be....

[hanging head...waiting for virtual hand slap for not refilling]

TIA

Jo

My *favorite* way would be to chuck them at the manufacturer for price gouging. The price of printer ink makes me insane!!!! :boxing_smiley:

But....seeing as how I am supposed to be more civilized than that, and seeing as how I usually have a big GREEN hat on my head, what I do instead is: (a) buy HP cartridges for more $ than the generics and return them to Staples for a $3/cart. refund. Or (b) send them back to the company in the little plastic envelope often included with Staples brand ink.

Haven't purchased other brands of ink lately, so if these don't apply to you and your ink, this site might help.

Canon (our printer ink) sued Office Max for giving the $3 for old cartridges and now no one will take them so they go in the trash. If I'd known then what I know now I wouldn't have my Canon printer!

Office Max gives you $3 per cartridge, also. There is a maximum of 5 cartridges at one time.

Amy of GA

Darin's wife for 17 years

11yo dd

5yo ds

Most elementary schools (public and private) take printer cartridges as fundraisers. Our swim team does also. The private school at our church has a collection box too.

If you don't want to take them in somewhere else, then you can ask your ps school friends and they will probably be happy too.

Set them on the counter to deal with later, and hope they disappear.

So far this isn't working, in case you wondered.

I put them in the nifty postage paid return box that comes w/ the new toner so that the company can recycle them. Then I set the box in my foyer... and use it to prop the front door open! :lol: Works like a charm!