Menu

Does this foam alphabet puzzle exist?

Why does your link go to Jim Caviezel?:lol:

Ooops! I posted that link yesterday. It must not have copied the new one. Fixed now.

BTW, I found one. It is just under $60. I also found that there is apparently concern over these mats because they have formaldehyde in them. Ugh!

I wanted to use them for phonic with my active 4 year old. I was thinking of linking them together like a long path and walking the path saying the name of the letters or their sound as we come to them. Then I could put them together horizontally in CVC words.

That's a great link. Thanks!

We won't be spending much time outside between now and April-ish, which is why I came up with the foam mats. Chalk doesn't last long in the rain, and DS is super sensitive to cold and doesn't last long outside even when well bundled.

You could do the same thing much cheaper by just printing the alphabet out on your printer, with giant letters, one on a page. I would use PowerPoint or Excel or a rotated Word document. You could use card stock or laminate them to make them more durable or just consider them semi-disposable and print them or normal paper, replacing letters as needed.

I thought about printing, but I wouldn't expect them to last very long. Laminate 52 letters runs around $20 with a some pouches left over.

I buy mine in this pack from RR, 100 for $23.25:

http://rainbowresource.com/product/sku/024706/199c1242ad904156b5a072ef

You could also make the letters almost as big if they took up half the page and printed 2 per page, that would be 26 pages to print and laminate.

BTW, I don't recommend making tape letters on your carpet...I tried that for a similar project, I made an indoor hopscotch. It took hours to get the tape out!!