Menu

Would you buy boots a half size too big?

I found these really nice Finn Comfort boots that are marked down about $300 (off). I love them, but they are about a half size too big.

Would you buy a quality pair of boots that you adore and are a little big, for such a deep discount?

There is slightly over a half an inch - maybe 3/4" - from toe to tip of boot.

Guest submarines

Absolutely! You can have thicker insoles put, and / or wear thicker socks! You can also use this method:

"If the boots are too long, jam some wet tissue paper into the toe area. When dry, the paper will become quite stiff and provide some extra structure. You can also use tissue paper to build up other parts of your boots. But this method works best in the toe area where there isn't so much friction."

Yes. I have a pair of boots like that, and I adore them. Best of all, everyone else always comments on how good they look. The boots aren't uncomfortable despite their slightly-too-large size, and I am able to wear them for an entire day without a problem.

You should probably know that I'm a shopping enabler, too ;)

If you're wearing them as you would normally (socks and all) wear them, and they're still 1/2 a size too big, than no. I bought some clearance sale sandles that were too big once. I've since learned that having the right size is more important than the deal. Shoes just need to be right or they're not comfortable adn cause sore feet and other problems.

If they are leather, they will stretch. Are they heeled? Your feet will slip forward and they can cause blisters, I've heard. I'd try them on with a thick sock and if they're still too big, I wouldn't buy them. Do a search online, maybe you'll get lucky and find them for a good deal elsewhere, in your own size.