Menu

Finally mentioned on Facebook that we are homeschooling

I don't know why I didn't mention it earlier. I guess I'm a little nervous about the conversations to come. :001_unsure: I don't need to stir up drama, kwim? And I know people are going to have opinions on it. So now I nervously await what people are going to comment. Based on face-to-face interactions I've had, the comments could be nice and supportive or rude/judgemental. Let's hope for the former!

What happened when you let the cat out of the bag on facebook?

No negative comments on my page but the other day a "friend" posted a picture of a campaign sign that's been going around where homeschooler was misspelled. Part of me took it personal but since it was on her page and she belongs to a different political party than the sign was supporting I don't think it was directed at me.

A cousin posted that same picture. I took at as my opportunity to let her know that many homeschoolers can spell just fine (and also teach spelling) and that not all of us back conservative candidates like him. She was worried that she had offended me, but a reassured her that I enjoy letting people know that the stereotypical homeschooler doesn't not apply to our family.

I don't know why I didn't mention it earlier. I guess I'm a little nervous about the conversations to come. :001_unsure: I don't need to stir up drama, kwim? And I know people are going to have opinions on it. So now I nervously await what people are going to comment. Based on face-to-face interactions I've had, the comments could be nice and supportive or rude/judgemental. Let's hope for the former!

What happened when you let the cat out of the bag on facebook?

I was a homeschooler before I joined facebook. However, not everyong on facebook knew that when I joined. Nothing has really happened other than people being curious. I have as many homeschool friends on my facebook as I have public school teacher friends on there. The rest send their kids to ps. I have never had a rude comment about hsing on facebook. Some of those people have said rude things to my face about it (specifically family members). Overall I get positive feedback about it, I get asked questions about what we are doing etc or how it works in our province but otherwise no comments about it at all.