Menu

I am woman, hear me whine

or maybe it should be wine and I should just pour a glass? Last march I spent 2 weeks in chair, crippled by a knee that wouldn't work, 2-3 weeks beyond that using a walker.

2 weeks ago I fell on a cut log and got a huge hematoma behind my knee. It's morphed into a blood clot. Doc says 2 weeks sitting, taking ibuprogen 3 times a day and not letting pain/swelling get worse or it's blood thinners and ultrasounds.

On top of it all my dh tore his shoulder muscle moving wood (again) around the house so we could work on various parts of it.

I'm so frustrated I could spit. We finally got the floors done, next thing is to finish the mudding (my job with the older kids) so dh could texturize so we can paint so we can move our bed out of the living room and actually get a bit organized and actually move in to the point of functionality.

It's been 2 yrs of non-stop snark. I am so bummed.

I think I am on the floor in awe that you can mud once you have recovered. Woman, that is no small skill. I can hang sheetrock, but mud? No way!

On the serious side, I am sorry about the seemingly constant onslaught you have experienced. During those times, my plan of attack is to try and be grateful for the small stuff: the cat only puked twice today and missed the upholstery. You know the drill, but I can usually get myself to at least smile slightly somewhere in there with a piece of inane gratitude. These times do pass, just a bit too slowly for comfort or peace of mind. Hang in there.:grouphug:

We just finished polyurethaning the floor- now we are finishing the wall mudding (we're not doing it in the "right" order, but we needed to do the floors while we were still able to have the windows open- it's SD). We have 2 rooms where we need to mud new drywall. Most of it requires standing on a ladder becuase we added drywall to rooms that had cement board so there are "gaps" between the 2 materials- up high and on ceilings. That's all on hold for now. (my dh can do it but his pesky day job keeps getting in the way of the re-build project!)

Is there anyone you trust that you can pay to do the mud? The cost varies, friends in Calif. found someone for a very reasonable cost, but here in the east, it seems to cost more.

Just a thought! My dh works two jobs, so I do pay for some work that needs to be done around the house (especially the things he doesn't like to do...). (For example we need new flushers and seals for our toilets, it would take dh all day to do it, and a plumber an hour or two. So its a no brainer to call the plumber.)