Menu

What are your favorite Fiesta Dinnerware colors?

I like all of the colors, but not all of them will go well with my decor, and not all of the colors make food look appealing. What are your favorites, and least favorites, for food appeal. For example, I noticed that nachos on the sunflower colored plate really looked unappealing. :tongue_smilie: Of course it didn't stop me from eating them. ;)

Our colors are all discontinued: turquoise (the classic, not the new), yellow (ditto), persimmon, chartreuse. I don't think any of them particularly make food look unappealing. I have some vintage pieces in different greens and yellows... Really, a cheese platter is a cheese platter, and my friends would descend upon a pile of lemon bars as fast if they were in my purse as if they were on a serving platter that made them pop visually.

It never occurred to me to coordinate with my decor. But, then, I think pretty much all colors can go together, so I'm probably not a reliable source :lol:.

Edited by MyCrazyHouse

I like the cobalt for food appeal--everything seems to look nice on it We also have some vintage colors that I have found along the years--mostly light greens, turquoise, blue. I like all those colors. We have one light yellow plate--it shows gray marks pretty badly and not everything looks as appetizing on it.

I would just buy what matches your kitchen/dining room decor, and not worry about what the food will look good on. I have many colors, and will use the reds & yellows when I serve Italian food only b/c that's the color my Italian-looking placemats are - same for Mexican; I have some brightly colored Mexican placemats & use the brightest plates on them - but other than that, it never occurred to me to coordinate with the food.

I like the cobalt for food appeal--everything seems to look nice on it We also have some vintage colors that I have found along the years--mostly light greens, turquoise, blue. I like all those colors. We have one light yellow plate--it shows gray marks pretty badly and not everything looks as appetizing on it.

:iagree: We have cobalt for dishes and red for serving dishes

I couldn't decide on a favorite color. So, we have 2 place settings each of about 14 or 16 colors (I've lost track). Many of the colors are discontinued. I was going to stop at 8 colors, but they kept coming out with more colors that I liked. Now, I try to avoid looking at Fiestaware so that I'm not tempted to buy more place settings.

Everyone in my family has a different favorite color so I have 3 sizes of plates and 3 sizes of bowl in each of these colors

Shamrock (my oldest son loves green)

Scarlet (my youngest son loves red)

Peacock (my dd loves blue)

Sunflower (I love yellow)

Plum (my dh loves purple)

I also have the same 3 plates and 3 bowls of the tangerine and turquoise for when we have company. I also have some plates and bowls in black and white. We usually don't have a lot of company at any given time so I usually one need 2 extra places set at the table besides us.

I love my rainbow colored dinner ware.

Thanks ladies!

I panicked a bit on my color choices when I got my Sunflower colored dinner plates from Amazon. I LOVE the color, but in finding that sometimes my dinner just doesn't look very appealing on them, I started second guessing my other color choices. :tongue_smilie:

My plan was to purchase 4 each of the sunflower, cobalt, peacock, and chocolate. I'm actually kind of wishing I had gone with 2 each of all the colors and just thrown my type A personality to the wind not caring that they don't match my decor. Haha!

So far in my collection I own 4 Sunflower dinner plates, 4 sunflower luncheon, 4 cobalt luncheon, and two cobalt java mugs. I do, definitely, like my food on the cobalt, so I will go with cobalt dinner plates next, but I'm now a tad leery of the peacock and chocolate. I think I would personally like the paprika, that's probably one of those colors that would complement most foods so I'm almost tempted to get that over the peacock even though I love the peacock blue. Arg. Decisions, decisions! Khols has their dinnerware on sale again starting tomorrow and I have a 30% off coupon, plus $10 Kohls cash. Perhaps I should order some 4 pc sets in each of those colors and decide from that. I just worry that I'll hate those ring mugs, plus I'm not sure my dh can get his fat finger in that silly ring. I wish they would put the java mugs in there instead. Do any of you actually like the ring mugs? Oh, and I'm not sure about those small bowls. I suppose I could sell what I don't like on ebay or something, huh? I don't know, buying the 4pc sets is definitely cheaper than buying by the piece like I have been doing.:glare:

OK, rambling done...:lol:

Now I am feeling really out of it. First, I had no idea what a Whirly Pop was in another thread, and I now admit, I have never seen Fiestaware, either.

Is it really worth the $50 per setting? All of my family is colour-coded (yes, I am an organizing geek) and it would be nice for everyone to have their own colour so I could tell who left their cereal bowl on the couch, oh just for example.

Now I am feeling really out of it. First, I had no idea what a Whirly Pop was in another thread, and I now admit, I have never seen Fiestaware, either.

Is it really worth the $50 per setting? All of my family is colour-coded (yes, I am an organizing geek) and it would be nice for everyone to have their own colour so I could tell who left their cereal bowl on the couch, oh just for example.

Heavens no! I would not pay $50 for a one serving set of anything. You can find them cheaper online at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Fiesta-4-Piece-Dinnerware-Setting-Chocolate/dp/B001HBIOF4/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1317141209&sr=1-1

If Kohls has them on sale and you also have a Kohls coupon (like my 30% off one) then you can get them waaaay cheaper. Their sale tomorrow is 30-40% off so with my coupon I will get between 60% and 70% off. Sweet. The only down side to Kohls for me though is that our store only sells the 5 pc sets, which I don't want, and they don't sell any of the open stock plates except the buffet plates which I don't like/want. If I want any of those items I must order them from Khols online...and their shipping is SOOOOO STINKING SLOW!! But, if I want what I want then I have to wait that long wait. :glare:

Macys also has them on sale often. I bought some of my plates from Macys...they were 30% off, then an extra 10% off if you use your Macys card...which I didn't have...and an additional 15% off on top of that if you open a Macys account....which I did! :lol: So my luncheon plates were 55% off at Macys. What I love about Macys is that they have the luncheon and salad plates available open stock in the store. BUT, they didn't have all of the colors available to purchase...even in sets. One would have to purchase them from Macys online to get a color not available in store.

My Sunflower dinner plates I ordered from Amazon in a set of 4 with free Prime shipping and no tax. They came the next day...instant gratification!...and were packaged beautifully. :D I plan to purchase my Cobalt dinner plates from Amazon as well.

So far I LOVE my fiesta plates. Just a little unsure on color choices. ;)

If you're paying $50 a place setting, someone is ripping you off! http://www.megachina.com

I just gave all my fiesta to my son for his new apartment, but I kept my scarlet and turquoise. I don't care how the food looks on them; I just like the colors.

I've also had cobalt, cinnabar, persimmon, plum, sunflower, and white. As for how food looks, I think cinnabar is probably the best color, but again, I don't much care about that. :001_smile: