Menu

I posted pictures of the Pirate Ship cake on my blog

I left a comment but then realized you could probably just tell me here if you want. My 5yo saw your pictures and wants this cake for HIS birthday NEXT week. Can you give me some tips on how you did it? The one that survived, not the shipwreck. :D

Very nice! I did one of these a few years ago. Is this the Family Fun one? I love their cakes and the directions!

I made a Pooh cake for my dd yesterday. I'd post a picture, but I don't know how!! Anyway, I was so proud of it!

Are cakes a big thing for your family? My kids keep trying to come up with bigger and better cakes for me to try!! My 7 yo really wants a water slide cake. Ack!!

Awesome.

I too would love instructions. My soon to be 8ds would LOVE this for his May birthday.

Thanks,

Alison

My first tip is to avoid the Family Fun cake at all cost for the baking of the cake :p.

For the 2nd cake, I just baked 2 rectangle cakes. Mine were a bit smaller than 9X13, because I didn’t have 2 9X13 pans and I was in a hurry. After they cooled I stacked them on top of each other and trimmed the top into a “ship†shape.

Then I just used the Family Fun recipe for decorating ideas, although I didn’t find the “Milk Chocolate Wafer Rolls†they suggested for the cannons (I used mini peanut butter cups held on with toothpicks), and I used Imaginext Pirate accessories instead of Root Beer Barrels.

j.griff posted this link to a pirate ship cake, and it looks really cool, but I already had everything from the Family Fun cake.