Menu

He's gone!

DS almost 14, is off to his first glider flight! He joined Air Cadets last week, and right away, they have a glider outing. He's now riding the bus with strangers. Big step for an Asperger kid. Good thing he's a borderline Asperger. He's also on his own to deal with food allergies. Mommy's a bit stressed but doing ok :tongue_smilie:

I hope he has a great time!

My son was flew here in the Civil Air Patrol of S. FLorida in the gliders! He had so much fun!! I was terrified! LOL. He was up over an hour and came down and threw up right away. He says it was so different from flying in a small plane! I love hearing stories of their flight experiences. Mine is Pdd...I cant imagine my aspie getting in a plane. She wouldnt do it now...maybe when she was older. That is a huge step!! That is so great that you got him into that!!

Share some photos if you can!!

Here is a photo:

picture.php?albumid=531&pictureid=2249

Edited by mchel210

Riding the bus with strange cadets or a public bus? Let us know how he does. I bet he has a blast!

stranger cadets, I guess. He doesn't really know anyone. He just registered last week. However, I love the officers attitude, telling all cadets to consider everyone as family, and that a lone cadet will not be tolerated. The group gets a talk to, if an officer notices a cadet that's been left alone.

Lucky guy! My ds is jealous, he wanted desperately to join air cadets but the closest one is 2 hours away instead he is joining army cadets this year, and he is not happy with me saying he has to.

Both DH and DS fought me on the idea for a few years, but this year, DS said yes. And he's thrilled so far!

• 3 weeks later...