Menu

All Sorts of Free Educational Apps

SnMomof7

Hi Fellow Homeschooling Moms!

Lately I've been digging up all sorts of free educational apps (some that are normally paid apps), and I don't want to spam the forums out by listing every single one I find.

SO, I DO post every single one I find on my facebook and twitter accounts -

http://www.facebook.com/AppsforHomeschooling

http://twitter.com/#!/AppsHomeschool

There are QUITE a few this weekend, from early math, to foreign language, to some LA, fractions etc.

And I post throughout the week too, basically whenever I find good freebies that would work for homeschooling families.

Hope to have some of you app-loving homeschoolers join us there and get in on some good freebies :).

You're welcome, I knew some of you here wouldn't want to miss out on free apps (and sometimes I just post good sales too)! Don't miss out on Bluster from McGraw Hill either if it's still free!

Little Pim Spanish was free for me today when I downloaded it! You can either go through the links because they'll take you straight to the right page in iTunes or you can look it up yourself in iTunes - either way the price will be the same :). All of the downloads go through the App Store, I've just linked up to make it handy.

Jennifer,

I was just wondering if you have a screen protector on your ipad. What ages are your kids, do you recommend one and which one. I am just getting my Ipad set up. I do not yet have a screen protector. I really like the looks of the ipad without it, but hesitate letting the kids use it without one.

I'm not Jennifer, but we have a screen protector on our iPad. I wouldn't do it without one. We got ours at Target for $20 or so. It is anti-glare and you can hardly tell it's on there. Make sure it's a quality one because my sister had a cheaper screen protector on her iPod touch and it ended up actually causing more damage than preventing it. My oldest three play with our iPad all the time. They are 5, nearly-4, and 2.

Yes, we have a screen protector. And I have mixed feelings. We bought a generic ind of one, a 2 pack for $30 or so I think. I had my husband put the matte one on...but...he goofed up. He touched the sticky side with a cloth and got some crud/dust on it - and there it is, stuck under the protector where we can see it all the time - bleh. I don't like that at all.

BUT, my 3-year-old did throw up on it after it was protected, and it came out fine, and I have four small children, so I don't think NOT having a protector is an option. I almost wish I'd paid the $20 the folks at the store offered to put the protector on FOR me.

So, there are my mixed thoughts :).

Just an FYI ladies - I started a separate thread about this because it's pretty big, but I wanted to post it here too so no one missed it :):

Hi Everyone!

As part of a new website I've launched - http://appsforhomeschooling.com - I'm having a site Grand Opening Celebration with a LOT of giveaways!

There are three BIG ones - one for a $25 iTunes GC US Only, one for a Grand Prize Package of promo codes of iPhone/iPod/Universal (including iPad), and one for a Grand Prize Package of iPad only promo codes!

There are going to be a LOT of smaller giveaways this week too - twenty or so, but I won't be posting links to all of those :)!

So...this is the post you want to watch:

http://appsforhomeschooling.com/2011/apps-for-homeschooling-grand-opening/

I'll be updating it with links for each new contest as they go live - the three big ones are already up there :).

Big contests ending September 30th, others at varying times :).

Enjoy!

Well, I have an admission to make...I've just been using Chore Pad HD on the iPad, and Chore Pad regular on the iPod - they don't sync yet, but it's in the works. And yes, I set up school work as chores.

I don't think there IS an app that can go between PC and an iDevice - not that I've seen in any case. I know there are folks looking for them, but haven't seen one yet, sorry!

Well, I have an admission to make...I've just been using Chore Pad HD on the iPad, and Chore Pad regular on the iPod - they don't sync yet, but it's in the works. And yes, I set up school work as chores.

I don't think there IS an app that can go between PC and an iDevice - not that I've seen in any case. I know there are folks looking for them, but haven't seen one yet, sorry!

That Chore Pad app looks amazing!