Menu

A question about contact lenses

After a 4 year hiatus from contacts, I've recently decided to start wearing them again. I was given a "trial" pair when I received my prescription, and later this week, I'll pick up my 6-month supply of regular contacts. I am curious, though, as to whether there is really any difference between "trial" contacts and what I will be picking up later this week. I know it's the same brand, prescription, etc, and they certainly feel like regular contacts.

If they are the same, that would basically give me an extra month's supply, which would be very nice.

They are good for the same amt of time. I did a search for inexpensive contacts online, then called for a "price match" to 1-800-CONTACTS. Great company... at the great price!!! BTW, if you have sensitive eyes, or any allergies... the disposable contacts are the way to go. About the same price when you consider... contact solution... and every once in a while they tear... or are caught on the seam of the container... Etc... Anyway, I love my dailies!! ;)

They're the exact same thing. You basically got a month for free. :D

And. . . notthatI'mendorsingthisbut. . . I always wear mine for longer than the Rx says. I take them out and put them in solution every night and just toss them when they start feeling gritty. Just sayin' :leaving:

Yep, they are exactly the same. I watched my doc open a brand new box to get a pair out of to give me for trial last time. I figure they all do the same.

They are the same.

How are you doing with them? I ask because my eye doc gave me a trial of a more generic brand at first. Horrible. My eyes were soooo dry. I was afraid I just couldn't wear contacts anymore. When I told him about it he switched me over to Acuvue Oasys (that's not a typo :001_smile: ). I love them....can't even feel they are in.

I have already viewed them as an extra pair and have worn them as long as I would the others.

They probably know that you need some time to get your prescription filled...and they usually charge a pretty penny for an eye exam, so why not give out an extra pair? You know they are likely getting them as samples or at a very reduced price.

Thanks, everyone. It's good to know my suspicions were right! AprilMay, I am doing okay with them. The sun is definitely bothering me more; I miss the UV filter from my glasses. Time to get some sunglasses. Also, I notice that my eyes seem to get tired of them a lot sooner than they used to. After 12 hours or so, I am dying to get them out. It never used to bother me, and I have accidentally fallen asleep before because I forgot they were in. I guess I am getting older, though, so my eyes aren't as tolerant as they used to be.

The sun is definitely bothering me more; I miss the UV filter from my glasses. Time to get some sunglasses. Also, I notice that my eyes seem to get tired of them a lot sooner than they used to. After 12 hours or so, I am dying to get them out. It never used to bother me, and I have accidentally fallen asleep before because I forgot they were in. I guess I am getting older, though, so my eyes aren't as tolerant as they used to be.

Yes, you need to get good sunglasses. I'm trying contacts again after not wearing them for 6 or 7 years. I wore them for more than 20 years, then they suddenly started drying my eyes out. These new ones are much more fluid and don't give me dry eyes. I have monovision, which means one lens for distance and one for reading. I'm getting used to it but it takes some practice. I was never able to sleep in contacts and always took them out at night.