Menu

Is Homeschooling good for kids? - time to vote

I voted on the poll about home school, but I would like to see a poll on whether public school is good for kids. I wonder how the results would look if people actually had to consider their own educational decisions rather than consider something they really don't know anything about.

I voted on the poll about home school, but I would like to see a poll on whether public school is good for kids. I wonder how the results would look if people actually had to consider their own educational decisions rather than consider something they really don't know anything about.

:iagree:

I wish there were more than two answers. I guess it would get too involved though. But I have a "yes" vote with a lot of strings attached! And yet, I can't vote no because I think if parents would meet most/all the strings, then homeschooling really IS better for almost all children. But then I don't really believe most people WOULD do it well so we're back at can't put "yes" either.

All this for one silly unscientific poll

I wish there were more than two answers. I guess it would get too involved though. But I have a "yes" vote with a lot of strings attached! And yet, I can't vote no because I think if parents would meet most/all the strings, then homeschooling really IS better for almost all children. But then I don't really believe most people WOULD do it well so we're back at can't put "yes" either.

All this for one silly unscientific poll

You are in my brain....:)

I felt like it was a baited question. (?? does that make sense ??)

That is such a subjective vote. It's really "is it good for my kids" and "it was good for me". I had a GREAT school experience and so did my children. Therefore, I'm not opposed to ps education, just the ridiculous way standardized testing has become a year-round issue. But my kids are much happier learning at home--less time crunch and more time to rest before sports. Oh, and they're learning more :)

That doesn't mean they won't return to ps or private eventually. They most certainly will. That doesn't lessen my feelings that homeschool and ps can both be good for children.

They actually opened the poll on another page if you would still like to vote...

http://www.parenting.com/Mom/mom_channel.jsp?genID=6

But see the question isn't is HS'ing better than PS?

It's just simply... Is HS'ing good for kids?

I hope that some of the new mom's on that board will see the results of the poll and not be so quick to send their dc to school at age 5. :)