Menu

how to acquire a stash of old magazines

Iskra

I hope someone on here will know how to go about doing this. Basically, we want to cut up pictures from magazines for our history timeline. We don't want to use those black and white figures that you can get online. We want it to be colorful and pretty. I was thinking history magazines and National Geographic would be awesome.

So is there a way to get a big stash for free/cheap?

Also, can you tell me the names of some good history magazines with beautiful pictures, so that I know what to look for?

Our library has a magazine swap. You just take in what you don't want and put it in a bin. They sort through them to make sure they are appropriate and no personal info remains on the cover. In another area of the library, they have bins and bins of free magazines. I often pick up mags I normally wouldn't buy, but am interested in.

Are you in a homeschool group? If so, send out an e-mail and ask! I always have tons of old garden mags I love to pass on.

Come and see me!!! Seriously, if you lived close enough you could totally pick through the piles of magazines I have stashed here and there...it's our embarrassing little secret. Ask around, get the word out, you may stumble upon a magazine hoarder...I mean hider...right under your nose.

Put out a request on Freecycle.

ETA: Instead of magazines, which you might need to sort through tons of issues to find what you're looking for, how about old textbooks? That way the pictures would be organized by topic. You might get old textbooks through a Freecycle request, or at used book sales.

Edited by songsparrow