Menu

pray for rain

Hi gals, I'm putting this on this board because I like all of you and feel like I know you and I tend to avoid the general board. Plus, it sort of applies to high schoolers.

It is really getting scary around here. Thankfully the 100 degree temps have broken ( we have had over 70 100 degree days this summer!!! Average is 7.) when Lee came in. However, we got NO rain from Lee just tons and tons of wind. We are 14 or 15 inches behind in rainfall for this year. It has rained a total of 1 inch in the last 3 months at our house. Last year we had a deficit of rainfall as well. There are TONS of fires around here. It looks like rain clouds in the sky, but it is all smoke. They've opened the convention center for evacuees in Longview. Our church in our small town is a certified red cross shelter and we have been put on alert. The amount of fires is mindboggling. There is one to our north, 3 or more to our west, 2 to our south, etc. My 16yo will be getting his driver's license this week. (Providing the dps office is open.) I really need him to get it. I leave Monday night with my daughter for Houston to babysit my fil while my mil gets to go on a much needed relaxation trip with her daughters. The boys have class or co-op all morning on Tues, Wed, and Thurs. My dh is off on the Friday and the rest of the weekend. I return that next Monday. If he can't drive, I have back-up plans about how to get them to their cc and co-op classes. They are 16 and 14, responsible boys. They will be home by themselves on Tues, Wed and Thurs afternoon and part of the Monday I return. But all of these fires are making me really nervous. I wish I could bring fil up here, but he just can't travel. My sweet mil hasn't had a break from caregiving, ever. So she really needs to do this.

Just pray for rain for this area. PLEASE. So many people are being affected. They have had the wildfires around Austin on the national news, but here in East Texas we had a mom and 18 month old child lose their lives in one of the fires near me.

Christine

Edited by choirfarm

Praying for you and TX and Longview, Christine! Father, please bring rain to Texas; rain that restores and nourishes the land. Please protect lives and homes, and watch over travelers and students far from home. Thank you. Amen. You will continue to be in my prayers as I pray for my son, a student at LETU. Safe journeys!

Blessings,

April

Praying for all the families in Texas effected by the wildfires. We bought our first home in Bastrop, Tx about 1/4 of a mile from where they are reporting the wildfires are most intense. Wildfires were a fear I had when we lived there. Our home sat in the middle of The Lost Pines and the house had cedar wood siding. I am just sick at heart for these families and their loss. The town of Bastrop is so pretty and was a great place to live. I hope the town and it's people can recover from this.