We need "Like" buttons on here...

But I feel like the smileys do that.

For tough situation "likes": :grouphug:

For I'm here too "likes": :seeya:

For I agree "likes": :iagree:

For you cracked me up "likes": :lol: or the more mild :D

For right on "likes": :hurray:

For what a good question "likes": :bigear: and :lurk5:

Of course, it does increase our post counts.

I agree that you can simply post a response with a smilie, but sometimes it would be nice to just quick-click a "like" button. It takes more time to respond, so I only respond when I am moved to really add something, or when I REALLY, REALLY agree. There are way too many times that I agree with someone or like what they say. It would take all night to respond to each and every one of them. (as you can see by my post count, I'm not shy about responding! :tongue_smilie:). I may not want to take the time to go through the adding-a-response process. It would be nice, though, to let that person know that I read their response and that I really liked what they had to say.

I know I would LOVE to know that someone liked what I said. I'm guessing that it would happen more often if it was easy to show. (or maybe not! Maybe I'm just fooling myself! :lol:)

Anyway....I love this forum just the way it is, but I agree with the OP....a like button or something similar - with its quick, one-step way to show agreement, would be nice!