Menu

More book suggestions please :)

DD13 has run through all the books I can think of in the genre she likes. Based off what she has read can you suggest anything else?

Tolkien (all of them)

Percy Jackson Series

Working on the Heroes of Olympus Series

Septimus Heap Series

Artemis Fowl

Charlie Bone

Eragon Series

Fablehaven Series

She also enjoyed Sherlock Holmes :)

She doesn't like Harry Potter. I am at a loss on what else she can read. She has read various other singletons Classics and non-Classic as well.

So what do you suggest? :)

Edited by Mynyel

Anne McCaffrey (although some are more adult... but Harper Hall trilogy should be fine).

Tamora Pierce

Robin McKinley

Terry Pratchett

You may want to double check anything questionable (use amazon or something else). But these may be good authors to check out.

Ursula K. Le Guin's Earthsea books

Cadfael Chronicles

Fahrenheit 451

Redwall series

The Children of Green Knowe books

The Princess and the Goblin, The Princess and Curdie, and Light Princess by George MacDonald

Also, I must recommend A Girl Of The Limberlost to any person of that age who hasn't read it yet :)

Edited by Medieval Mom

No help right now, but the last in the Eragon series will be out the first of November....

How well I know that. The fourth installment of Eragon and the second book of Heroes of Olympus are both due in Nov I think. She mentions them at least every. other. day. :)

Thank you for ALL the suggestions. I am compiling a list (insert list smiley I don't have :P) and then will be checking the Library, used book store and Amazon. In that order.

Keep 'em comin' to!