Menu

So, should I take him in?

I really need to go to co-op tomorrow. I'm trying to decide if my younger is too sick to go. He ran a 101 fever Friday and Sat. Yesterday, he had no fever, but now it is this really horrible cough. Such a bad cough that it doubles him over. Could it have gone into bronchitis that fast? He has no fever now. Otherwise he is fine. Tired from coughing, but fine. Would you take him to the dr. or is it just running its course?

:iagree:

My youngest was ill like this once on a Friday. I didn't take her in and by Monday, it had advanced to pneumonia. I think it can change that fast. I would definitely go to the doc before it gets any worse.

:iagree:You can have pneumonia and not have fever. Besides, as a mother of a child who becomes sick easily, I would really appreciate it if you didn't bring your child to co-op if the child is doubling over from coughing.

Besides, as a mother of a child who becomes sick easily, I would really appreciate it if you didn't bring your child to co-op if the child is doubling over from coughing.

People who do this are the reason we no longer go to co-op. In fact, a parent sent their 12yo daughter to VBS as a youth helper while she had pinkeye and told her to "just stay away from the other kids." My kid, who has medically fragile eyes, caught it and was on abx for 10 days. Then it spread to my 6yo, me, AND my dh who had to miss a day of work because his eyes were swollen shut.

We paid a total of about $150 to treat a stupid case of pinkeye that could have been avoided if the parent had just told her kid to stay home!

So yeah, if you brought him in and he was coughing like that, I would be angry.

I don't think she meant she would take him to co-op either way. I think the point was she could take him to the doctor today, but tomorrow she couldn't because SHE would be at co-op, and she wanted to know if she could just wait and see how he does, or if he needed to go to the doctor today.

I don't think she meant she would take him to co-op either way. I think the point was she could take him to the doctor today, but tomorrow she couldn't because SHE would be at co-op, and she wanted to know if she could just wait and see how he does, or if he needed to go to the doctor today.

She said

I'm trying to decide if my younger is too sick to go.

So people were answering that.

I would take him in too. All three of my kids have had that for over a week, and though it is only a virus so far it could turn nasty quickly. My middle child gets pneumonia, so he will likely be at the doctor a couple of times this week just like last week if it does not go away soon. We were told it is croup, but this does not seem like it to me, and we have had croup in our house many times before.

She said

So people were answering that.

Ack, you are right!!! It just seemed obvious to me that he couldn't go, so I must have skipped right over that.

OP, NO!!!!!!!! Do NOT NOT NOT take that child around other children! Heavens to Betsy, any child doubled over coughing is too sick to be around other children.

]People who do this are the reason we no longer go to co-op.[/b] In fact' date=' a parent sent their 12yo daughter to VBS as a youth helper while she had pinkeye and told her to "just stay away from the other kids." My kid, who has medically fragile eyes, caught it and was on abx for 10 days. Then it spread to my 6yo, me, AND my dh who had to miss a day of work because his eyes were swollen shut.

We paid a total of about $150 to treat a stupid case of pinkeye that could have been avoided if the parent had just told her kid to stay home!

So yeah, if you brought him in and he was coughing like that, I would be angry.[/quote']

I agree in a big way. My kids do very little because of this. My kids shouldn't have to get sick because other kids are.