Menu

Favorite Curriculum Available as PDF, E-Book, etc.?

lamolina

Hi- I am looking for recommendations/ideas on good curriculum that is available digitally. We are moving out of the country for 2-3 years and space will be at a premium. My kids will be still be 5, 8, and 10 when we leave. I do not have to bring everything at once, but at least enough for one complete school year.

Any ideas on what you use on your computer?

Thanks!

R.E.A.L. Science Odyssey

History Odyssey

Math Mammoth

Trail Guide to World Geography

Trail Guide to United States Geography

Writing With Ease

First Language Lessons

Ordinary Parents Guide to teaching reading

Story of the world ag and do the book on audio or you can get it in pdf

Check out Currclick

There is more I just cannot think of it right now.

Also Evan-Moor has a lot of ebooks

Edited by hsmom

PDFs I have on the computer right now:

Math Mammoth (grades 1-6)

Evan-Moor Daily Language Review

The Core Knowledge Sequence

Scott-Foresman's Grammar & Writing Workbooks

SALSA Spanish teacher materials (the videos are free on Georgia Public Broadcasting)

If you do a search in the forums for "free curriculum" you'll see a few recent threads that have highlighted some of the better finds out there. :)

PDFs I have on the computer right now:

Math Mammoth (grades 1-6)

Evan-Moor Daily Language Review

The Core Knowledge Sequence

Scott-Foresman's Grammar & Writing Workbooks

SALSA Spanish teacher materials (the videos are free on Georgia Public Broadcasting)

If you do a search in the forums for "free curriculum" you'll see a few recent threads that have highlighted some of the better finds out there. :)

Hi- do you have a working link to the Foresman's Grammar? I wanted to download the pdfs but the link I had doesn't work anymore. Thanks!

I have on my computer-

Math Mammoth (from Currclick)

MEP Math (free)

Miquon (from Currclick)

Inquiry in Action Science (free)

Chemistry for Middle School (free)

50 States copywork and Human Body copywork (publisher Homeschool Bits at Currclick)

First Language Lessons

Story of The World 1 & 2 activity pages

lots of Literature Study Guides (free) Glencoe has lots, but also search google for what you need

Homeschool in the Woods Timeline Figures (on disc)

Italics Copywork:

1. Copycatbooks.com

2. Bogart Family Resources (also available through Currclick.com and Lulu.com)

3. Swinton's Word Primer in Italics from Lulu.com.

4. Julie's copybooks available on lulu.com - My First Ancient History copybook, Ancient History copybook, Modern History copybook.

Spelling:

1. Spell for Writing workbooks and teaching guides level 1 to 5 - you can copy these into your document editor and change the font to any font of your choice for your kids to copy. I like these better than ZB Spelling Connections.

2. Zaner-Bloser Spelling Connections

Grammar:

1. KISS Grammar - This is a very rigorous grammar curriculum that uses sentences from children's literature to teach grammar.

2. Scott Foresman graded grammar workbooks - they also cover some public school-style writing.

3. McMillan graded grammar workbooks - Re-teach and Practice. I like these better than the Scott Foresman books.

4. Old textbooks - they cover grammar, some spelling (prefix/suffix), narration, dictation and writing. See this thread and this one.

5. I bought these in a local bookshop for S$17.90 each, but I had first seen them on Currclick.com at $17.90 each.

Read & Practise Mini-Books Parts of Speech ISBN: 978-0439458566

Read & Practise Mini-Books Grammar & Punctuation ISBN: 978-0439453417

Writing:

1. WriteShop Primary can be purchased as ebooks.

2. Classical Writing - You can buy their books as e-books if you live overseas. Write to them and they will send you a paypal invoice.

3. Write From History (Ancient and Modern) - From lulu.com or currclick.com. The Modern History ebook is available in GD Italics; I wish Ancient was available in Italics too. It is available for $8 this week in Currclick's sale.

5. Writing With Ease workbooks can be purchased as ebooks from Peace Hill Press' web. The ebooks are not significanly cheaper than the printed books, though.

6. Write With The Best - This is similar to Classical Writing (by imitation) but it covers different genres. The secured ebook is not too expensive either, but can only be printed twice (or thrice).

7. Igniting Your Writing I and II - These two ebooks are on sale at Currclick this week, at $8 each. This is not a writing curriculum, rather, it is a set of standalone exercises to help you improve your writing. More for older students & adults.

Maths:

1. CIMT-MEP - free maths curriculum from Britain. This is the one we do most consistently.

2. CSMP - free 'new math' curriculum which is story-based. This is my dd's current fav.

3. Math Mammoth - very inexpensive workbook-based, written-to-the-student (hands-off for mom if needed) gr1-gr6 curriculum.

4. Miquon math books available from Currclick.com

Math Mammoth

Building Foundations of Scientific Understanding (BFSU)

Wheeler's Elementary Speller (free)

Inquiry in Action

The Golden Book of Chemistry Experiments (free)

History Odyssey by Pandia Press

Tip: Librivox.org has free old audio books online, many classics. Just download them in mp3 format and also save on CD.

Ellen McHenry's Science and English Curriculum (The Elements, The Brain, Carbon Chemistry, Excavating English, Botany). Her Geography is not available yet as a download.

CPO Science has Earth Science, Life Science, and Physical Science.

This place http://www.everyday-education.com/home/index.shtml has Grammar Made Easy, Excellence in Literature, Spelling Made Easy, etc.

Shoelace Books has Simply English, Simply Spelling, Simply Language Arts, Simply Numbers, Phonics, and Poetry.

Truthquest History has download options for history. You could use the downloads from SOTW or Christine Miller's series as a spine to go with it.

Roots and Fruits from the same author of Write With the Best.

Besides Curr Click another place that has a lot of downloads is Old Schoolhouse Magazine.

Sequential Spelling

Elemental Science

Living Books Curriculum

Easy Classical

Edited by txhomemom

Hi- do you have a working link to the Foresman's Grammar? I wanted to download the pdfs but the link I had doesn't work anymore. Thanks!

I posted this on another thread the other day.

They must have taken it down. :glare: You can still see it by pasting the link on the Wayback Machine

It may take a minute to load so don't panic if a strange page pops up that says Welcome to Wayback loading, or something like that!