Menu

Reverse choking? I don't know how to say it.

Have you ever had your child come to you, can't talk, grabs nose, and still breathes?

Instead of going down the throat, a piece of biscut went up the throat.

Never in my life have I ever seen such a thing. I looked in the mouth, up the nose, and had her gargle with water. Finally, the gargling made her gag and down came the biscut.

Weird? Uh huh.

I have once "inhaled" a piece of food. It was quite painful. Here is how it happened.

I was in the process of swallowing. I got ticked at something and laughed. I happened to laugh at the moment the piece of food hit the back of my throat. Doubtful I could reproduce this if I tried.

Anyhow, the piece of food caught the "breath of the laugh" I guess and flew upward into my nose. Ow!!!! I can't remember how I got it down but I was glad when it did.

I had that happen with a Skittle once in High School. It went up into my nasal cavity rather than down my throat. Stung like a son of a gun! But I managed to stay calm and after an hour or so was able to sniff and snort enough for it to fall out and go down my throat. Completely gross. :001_huh:

I had that happen with a Skittle once in High School. It went up into my nasal cavity rather than down my throat. Stung like a son of a gun! But I managed to stay calm and after an hour or so was able to sniff and snort enough for it to fall out and go down my throat. Completely gross. :001_huh:

Imagine how confused I was as she was grabbing her nose and writin to me!

That is exactly what she described - stung and hurt like crazy.

I suppose it is more common than I thought. That is just . . . odd.

Is it bad that this thread has me totally giggling? :lol: So sorry. I guess I just needed to laugh at this very moment. ;)

It is good to know this can happen-just for future reference.

While dd was writing notes to me, it would have been nice to have known too.:lol:

And, I decided against raisen bran this morning!